O-Line Was Not The Problem Today

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us knew Cincinnati gameplan from the outset of this match was to not let themselves get beaten by the pass. So why try to force it?

Because that's all we're built for, perhaps?

Weak O line

Scatbacks and an old, slow, short yardage back that can also pass block.

Team focus on the receiver corp.

Don't like it? Blame the coaches for the failure to build the team properly and coach up something other than the pass game. Acting like all we needed to do was run is shortsighted.

Because that's all we're built for, perhaps?

Weak O line

Scatbacks and an old, slow, short yardage back that can also pass block.

Team focus on the receiver corp.

Don't like it? Blame the coaches for the failure to build the team properly and coach up something other than the pass game. Acting like all we needed to do was run is shortsighted.

Who's being shortsighted? I'm trying to advocate balance on offense here but you're apparently trying to say it's a terrible idea.

Isn't it obvious?

We aren't the running Falcons anymore because we are not built for that anymore.

So what was signing Jon Asamoah about? Just something to appease the fans to at least show a semblance of addressing the O-line? What was hiring Mike Tice and focusing on run-blocking and physicality about?

Who's being shortsighted? I'm trying to advocate balance on offense here but you're apparently trying to say it's a terrible idea.

I'm telling you the reason why they're calling passes. THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. Simply calling plays for the sake of calling those plays isn't going to change that.

You can be an advocate for balance all you want just like you can talk about baking a cake when all you have is an omelet pan. It won't change the reality of your limitations.

I'm telling you the reason why they're calling passes. THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. Simply calling plays for the sake of calling those plays isn't going to change that.

You can be an advocate for balance all you want just like you can talk about baking a cake when all you have is an omelet pan. It won't change the reality of your limitations.

What limitations is that? The fact still stands that our RBs averaged over 4 YPC in THIS game running behind that line. That obviously shows that we were having success running the ball. Check the stats yourself. Rewatch the game.

Edited by JerseyNo12

So what was signing Jon Asamoah about? Just something to appease the fans to at least show a semblance of addressing the O-line? What was hiring Mike Tice and focusing on run-blocking and physicality about?

A desperate move to save their own a##es?

All of these lower tier changes don't mean anything when the roster apparently hasn't been buying Smith's lingo for a couple of years now. The only time they show heart is when it's a division game. They blow their wad and then go back on cruise control. Toughness starts within and they are all Smithified. Tice won't change it.

What limitations is that? The fact still stands that our RBs averaged over 4YPC in THIS game running behind that line. That obviously shows that we were having success running the ball. Check the stats yourself. Rewatch the game.

1: YPC goes down with more carries.

2: The YPC was good at that point because they didn't care about it and were not going to care about it unless it was a short field/yardage situation.

The stats are padded by the fact that no one cared about stopping the run as much as the pass. Why? BECAUSE WE AREN'T A RUNNING TEAM. Rewatch the past few seasons.

Edited by JJ Cooball

1: YPC goes down with more carries.

2: The YPC was good at that point because they didn't care about it and were'nt going to care about it unless it was a short field/yardage situation.

The stats are padded by the fact that no one cared about stopping the run as much as the pass. Why? BECAUSE WE AREN'T A RUNNING TEAM. Rewatch the past few seasons.

Ok then, so if Cincy didn't care about stopping the run, why did we stop running? Why not keep running until they stop it? All you just said is that we played right into their hands and we didn't have to. You just conceded that we did have success running the ball.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Ok then, so if Cincy didn't care about stopping the run, why did we stop running? Why not keep running until they stop it? All you just said is that we played right into their hands and we didn't have to.

Because we supposedly have an elite QB to go along with out elite receiving corp? Along with the fact that our Oline is still soft?

You're whining about the symptom while I am telling you the problem. Running the ball wasn't going to suddenly turn us into the running Falcons of the past. The stronger and better team won today. The end.

Have a problem with the balance(as most do, including I)? Acknowledge the problem instead of the symptom and stop trying to act like just calling run plays will suddenly fix it. We played to the only thing we have....the passing game.

The coach is the problem , he does not have a answer when his game plan fails . It was obvious that cincy knew what atlanta's plan was and dared smith to run it . I'm sorry but all the backs this team has Smity should have ran it a lot more .if nothing else it would have ate the clock and kept the.ball out of their hands and wore on hem a little longer .