Props To Cincinnati

To Bengals fans - y'all overcame losing key players to injury and defended your home turf. Contrary to what you may think most Falcons fans knew this would be an ugly game - yalls defense came to play, big time.

To Falcons fans - we lost by 14 to a playoff team at home with a nasty *** D (better than the Taints imo) and got a lot of our weaknesses exposed. We will learn from this big time and come out pissed as fuc* against the Succs. Keep your heads up.

Best part of all this - the Taints lost to the Browns! biggrin.png

It reminded me of the Chris Weinkie (sp) game when we played Carolina years ago and they basically just ran the ball the whole game and physically dominated us. I'm disappointed but not too much. When Jake comes back we'll put Gabe on the right and be much better on the line. We had a few opportunities to make this a game and everyone self deducted. Shembo is playing with passion and it was Corey's first game back. Rocky was burned continuously, yet we still were in the game, the three missed field goals helped of course.

It reminded me of the Chris Weinkie (sp) game when we played Carolina years ago and they basically just ran the ball the whole game and physically dominated us. I'm disappointed but not too much. When Jake comes back we'll put Gabe on the right and be much better on the line. We had a few opportunities to make this a game and everyone self deducted. Shembo is playing with passion and it was Corey's first game back. Rocky was burned continuously, yet we still were in the game, the three missed field goals helped of course.

Yea we will bounce back big time

To Bengals fans - y'all overcame losing key players to injury and defended your home turf. Contrary to what you may think most Falcons fans knew this would be an ugly game - yalls defense came to play, big time.

To Falcons fans - we lost by 14 to a playoff team at home with a nasty *** D (better than the Taints imo) and got a lot of our weaknesses exposed. We will learn from this big time and come out pissed as fuc* against the Succs. Keep your heads up.

Best part of all this - the Taints lost to the Browns! biggrin.png

Agree 100%

Props to the rest of our opponents. Take no team lightly. Message to all our fans

Exactly.

Cannot stand when fans of any team automatically write off another team.

To any Bengals fans reading this,

Great game, ya'll played very very very solid while dealing with injuries at the same time! Though, I was one who thought the Falcons would win by at least 7, I was by no means one of the people who said the Bengals have no chance.

We just simply got beat and out-coached today. Props to the Bengals.

Good win by Cincy, Falcons had a let down after a big win. This game came done to some plays not going our way. Julio dropped a TD, would been big. Alford lays out for the pass deflection when he was in good position. Cincy #25 stepped out of bounds 20 to 15 yards up field on his big reception. I do like the way our team tried to get back in it. The turnovers hurt us, and our D didn't get any.

Thanx.

I've been where you are now. For like a couple of decades now. This was not the Falcons I expected to see. However, in the 4th Q, when you marched down that field in short order and scored a TD, I still felt it wasn't over. That was the Falcons I expected to see in all 4 Qs. You were killing it in the soft zones. But too little, too late. Still a full season ahead.

I remember in the early 90s when Glanville took over. Now THAT was a fun team to watch!

Gotta give Cincy their props...through injuries to key starters, they still were able to shut us down.

Our line play has to get better...you won't win against teams with mean front 7s and secondaries to compliment it.

The loss sucks, but in no way do I believe this is the same ol' team from last year...we just have to block better and figure out a way to put pressure on QBs.

congrats the better team won. your right Dalton isn't good.. he got so many lucky big plays today but that D was money

yea the defense saved the Bengals ***... if the light comes on for Dalton that team will be lights out

They were very good today. I thought we were too. We looked like mindless stooges out there today. Blank will not stand for such a display for very long.

I think we needed to be reminded that 2013 wasn't a fluke. Our rookies were high off beating the Saints and forgot to come to play today.

I said this earlier. Bengals left training last year thinking the Falcons were soft in the trenches. That's when the concern truly began for Coach Smith, TD, and the rest of the Falcons' staff.

Not too much has changed because the Texans left with the same impression of us. And the Texans outright manhandled us in the preseason game. Some people dismissed that saying it's only preseason. But Texans and Bengals have similar style defenses and they both straight up outclassed us on both lines.

That's why I said that people who were taking the Bengals game lightly are in for a rude awakening. We don't do well agaisnt a physical front 7 and a big OL, regardless of other peices. Trenches are our weakness (even more so last year) and no way in h3ll we can compete with the 9ers, Seahawks, etc in the playoffs for 60 mins.