Give Gameday Live On Local Cbs Credit

jlrfalcon

I tuned into the ESPN pre-game show this morning at 10AM and did not hear one minute of actual game analysis in the hour I watched it.

I then switched to the local show Gameday live on CBS46 - they talked very well about the actual game and then only about 45 minutes in discussed the current political/social topics that have dominated the news.

I am now watching CBS's NFL Today - and finally about 15 minutes in, they actually go to analysis.

I agree that the Rice, Peterson and Hardy stories are important but are we hearing anything that we have not heard all week on regular news shows. A few minutes is fine but save these stories for the real news not the sports commentators.

I just saw them talking about both the Rice and AP incident on the CBS NFL Today Pregame Show, it had Charles Barkley and Jim Rome weighing in on both situations.

They then had Barkley talking about NFL ownership and he accidentally referred to the NFL as the NBA (he did correct himself) - since when is Barkley a great sports commentator much less about the NFL?

They dumped Marino and Sharpe to improve the show and Barkley is their solution (even if he is just on as a guest)? Admittedly, I did, though, love Tony G commenting on Matty.

I tuned into the ESPN pre-game show this morning at 10AM and did not hear one minute of actual game analysis in the hour I watched it.

I then switched to the local show Gameday live on CBS46 - they talked very well about the actual game and then only about 45 minutes in discussed the current political/social topics that have dominated the news.

I am now watching CBS's NFL Today - and finally about 15 minutes in, they actually go to analysis.

I agree that the Rice, Peterson and Hardy stories are important but are we hearing anything that we have not heard all week on regular news shows. A few minutes is fine but save these stories for the real news not the sports commentators.

Unfortunately we live in a world where after any politically/socially sensitive issue, everyone takes to the social media sites and TV to make sure that everyone spouts the officially accepted position. If not, it could mean your job, business, and or reputation. All these networks are going to over do it on every issue to make sure they are not seen as "insensitive". It's a world created by social media. Freedom of speech works well when your opinion isn't easily heard. Does it stand up to the test when we all have a vehicle to espouse it? .......Nope. Now, Back to the game!

I actually wonder if they are happy that the Minn-New England game is the primary nationwide telecast - the announcers will probably spend most of the game talking about Peterson's impact on the world economy and only a few minutes actually covering the game.

I would love to see New England 0-2 but will love it even more to see Minnesota lose and already having given up on their season when we get there in a couple of weeks.

Turned it and started watching Martin lol. I liked when Scott asked when will we start talking about Ryan in regards of MVP chase and this and that and the boomer said this year

Wasn't Ryan mentioned in the MVP race back in 2012 before facing the Raiders and Cardinals that year?

I never remember Flacco ever being in those discussions during a season.

I would rather have Ryan win SB MVP, which Flacco has though.

Wasn't Ryan mentioned in the MVP race back in 2012 before facing the Raiders and Cardinals that year?

I never remember Flacco ever being in those discussions during a season.

I would rather have Ryan win SB MVP, which Flacco has though.

Yeah he fell off faster than teddy Bridgewater last year lol. I want him to win super bowl MVP as well

I was laughing at Bart Scott and how he was the only one saying that Flacco was much better than Ryan.

Tony G, Boomer, and Cowher all agreed that Ryan was more consistent and had an higher upside.

All of the stats that were posted to show Flacco was better were TEAM stats, lol. It would have been funny to post each one's QB stats and then see what Scott says.