Offensive Game Plan

Flyin' In DC

After re-watching last weeks game I liked what I saw from the run blocking. Hawley, Asamoah and Blalock to me were stellar. I know our passing game is really good but so is the Bengals pass rush. I would love to see us leaning on our backs and short passing game/screens mostly this week. If Burfict is out this makes even more sense to me. Wear the down and 4th quarter is ours

Thoughts?

Oh yeah and Toilolo can block like a beast

The Ravens had a lot of success against them running the ball, they just didn't do it enough. 68 attempts for Flacco was the reason they lost.

I think it will depend on the flow of the game. I wouldn't mind if we started out running the ball. If we have success, it will bring the defense up and make it easier on our passing game. They have a solid secondary. And I think that will be their focus this week. So it's not a bad idea in theory.

I think you have three main options. You start out trying to run the ball and get that established to run play-action off of, or, you start off passing to loosen up the defense and get the LB's off the LOS so you will have an easier time getting your run game established, or, you can go with option 3, which is let Ryan see what the Bengal D is gearing up to stop, then let him call run or pass play, whatever they're least prepared to defend. With the rules which favor the pass receivers over the pass defenders, coupled with Ryan's new-found mobility, I would start with the pass attack for a first down or two then I'd start mixing in running plays.

I think you have three main options. You start out trying to run the ball and get that established to run play-action off of, or, you start off passing to loosen up the defense and get the LB's off the LOS so you will have an easier time getting your run game established, or, you can go with option 3, which is let Ryan see what the Bengal D is gearing up to stop, then let him call run or pass play, whatever they're least prepared to defend. With the rules which favor the pass receivers over the pass defenders, coupled with Ryan's new-found mobility, I would start with the pass attack for a first down or two then I'd start mixing in running plays.

I think you set the switch to option 3 then break that switch.