My Trufant "sorta" Bold Prediction

I know its why its considered bold, but it's hard for anyone to shut him down. Same as Calvin or Julio or even Marshall. I hope he does, but Green gets more than 50 yards.

Hey, San Diego effectively shut him down in the playoffs last year, and the Ravens up until that hail mary touchdown were shutting him down a week ago.

Edited by JerseyNo12

If left in man coverage, an elite WR will beat an elite CB some of the time. Even #21 couldn't shut down Rice every time...and Rice is not even close to being the physical beast AJ is.

Do you think Tru would shut down Julio? If not, there is no reason to think he will shut down AJ. That said, a good team approach to defense could lead to the numbers you suggest. However, it will take a little pressure, a little safety help, stuffing the run, etc. No one man is going to hold AJ to 48 yards imho.

Green is somewhat hobbled, so this is probably a lot more probable than people think.

Julio put up a 46 yard catch on who was it, Cromartie maybe, someone from the Jets AFTER breaking the screw in his foot. I agree being slightly injured helps but it only takes one slip up from this kind of caliber receiver to bust op's numbers.

If Trufant can keep up with Brees imagine what he will do to Dalton.

Ultimately I don't think your prediction is unlikely, but as good as the stains offense is they don't have anybody playing the outside receiver positions close to the level that Green does. That said Dalton isn't nearly as good as Brees is either. Hence why the majority of your prediction's hope rests in the hands of our front seven.

I hope this does happen, but.....................................................NAH, more than likely not going down this Sunday. Tru is a beast but he won't be on A.J. every play and their other wideout Jones and Eifert the tightend are hurt. So A.J. will get more targets this week. I just don't see it happening, but it would be great if it did.