2 Back Sets?

trubirdfan4life

With the 4 RBs that we have, I think we can do real damage to defenses. All of our rbs have different skills to offer in the run game and all have good hands, why not try it? Go 2-wide with a TE or 3-wide with 2 RBs. The option are endless really. What do you guys think?

I was surprised we didn't see more of this. Our RB's as a whole are good pass blockers, so we could keep 1 in, send both out into the flats, run a draw...since defenses can't really key on 1 RB, they'd have to respect both...which would kind of limit their blitz packages and possibly create some good mismatches for us. Worrilow had a decent game but he got beat some playing man on Thomas, we could certainly do the same to an opponent.

I was surprised we didn't see more of this. Our RB's as a whole are good pass blockers, so we could keep 1 in, send both out into the flats, run a draw...since defenses can't really key on 1 RB, they'd have to respect both...which would kind of limit their blitz packages and possibly create some good mismatches for us. Worrilow had a decent game but he got beat some playing man on Thomas, we could certainly do the same to an opponent.

that's what I was thinking....make those safeties and line backers key on our rbs and that would make our wrs even more deadly

Pass blocking is not like lead blocking. Its one thing to block a rusher...its a totally different thing to iso on a backer and drive him through the hole.....I have never seen a fb that tall

True, Jackson tends to run high anyway, he is too tall for a traditional FB, he could lead block on sweeps and screens

True, Jackson tends to run high anyway, he is too tall for a traditional FB, he could lead block on sweeps and screens

he might be able to get that done....I just think having 2 guys in the backfield that need attention could make this offense pretty unstoppable with our qb and wrs.....we thought we had a good offense with tony g ...this one has much more possibilities

I don't think we run very well with 7 or 8 in the box. That being said, it could be interesting with 2 WR and Toi. If we ran that formation, I'd love to see it with Freeman or Quizz and Smith. The defense would be in a heavy set to stop the run with only 2 CB's. We run it the first down, immediately go no-huddle and empty back formation without changing personnel. Mix in screens, etc...

I don't think we run very well with 7 or 8 in the box. That being said, it could be interesting with 2 WR and Toi. If we ran that formation, I'd love to see it with Freeman or Quizz and Smith. The defense would be in a heavy set to stop the run with only 2 CB's. We run it the first down, immediately go no-huddle and empty back formation without changing personnel. Mix in screens, etc...

So many possibilities with these weapons. If Toilolo becomes more consistent catching the ball, they can do anything out of that formation.

endless possibilities

if we ever get a team that goes 7 or 8 in the box, matt ryan and the wrs will be dancing in the streets