For The Dirk Koetter Haters

Doc_Holiday

WOW RT @Andy_Benoit Matt Ryan was 12/15 for 227 yds when #Falcons went to 4 WR set vs. Saints.

I believe we will begin to see the results we expected when Koetter was brought here. Tony retiring may be the best thing that has happened to this offense recently.

Not saying we're gonna be the greatest show on turf but I think last Sunday was just the tip of the iceberg. I think we see the screen game in full effect this week.

I really liked what Koetter did on Sunday. I like the rotation of the backs and offense seeming to generate more mismatches.

I said this all off season....the benefit to Tony Gonzalez retiring is it allows us to stretch the field vertically, specifically in the middle third. We saw that all day against the Saints. We lose a little reliability in terms of contested catches, but I'll take the stretch plays instead.

This is the first time I've felt that this offense can be a truly elite Top 5 unit.

I really liked what Koetter did on Sunday. I like the rotation of the backs and offense seeming to generate more mismatches.

I said this all off season....the benefit to Tony Gonzalez retiring is it allows us to stretch the field vertically, specifically in the middle third. We saw that all day against the Saints. We lose a little reliability in terms of contested catches, but I'll take the stretch plays instead.

This is the first time I've felt that this offense can be a truly elite Top 5 unit.

the added benefit to TG's retirement is better pass protection. I'd be willing to bet that TG was as responsible for as many sacks given up as any of our Olinemen last year...

when you read quotes from DK saying that in the past they couldn't justify taking the all time leading TE off the field to put in another WR, it's easy to see TG was a hinderance. If you can call his production a hinderence. It did keep them from going with 4 WR though...

1993 we had a solid group.

Pritchard, Hill, Rison, Haynes.

1991 Oilers

Jefferies, Duncan, Hill, Givens

lets wait and see, but its one **** of a good start.

Considering Roddy is the best Falcon WR of all time and Julio will be the best Falcons receiver of all time when his career is done, I'd say this group is better.