Does Anyone Get Glimpses Of This Guy When Looking At Hageman's College Highlights?

Macintez

I looked at commercial advertising the show "A Football Life" while checking out the game of the week (Feels good to be a Falcons fan right now). They were showing highlights of the player they would be featuring. They only showed a couple but man, I said to myself "Sh**, Hageman looks just like that dude". They were both big, but throw they're body around like smaller players. They're not textbook tacklers either... They were strong enough to grab players and just sling them to the ground. Their stature made them stick out like a sore thumb, just intimidating size. Who is the player I'm talking about?

"Mean Joe" Greene

Hageman has a lot of work to do to be even a quarter as good as this guy. But, I think if he ever reaches his potential. If he ever gets his conditioning right. If Cox can brush up his techniques. If he can learn to apply what he sees in the film room on the field. If he can put ALL OF THAT together, I think you will see a LOT of flashes of "Mean Joe". Can he maintain Joe's level of consistency? No... Joe dominated the majority of all the games he played from day 1 for a decade, that's too much to ask for any player even an Elite one. But he has top-5 potential and when he brings his A-game, he'll look like this guy.

Joe had passion for the game. I don't think Hageman has half of that passion or drive. If he did he would already be wreaking the league up, because he definitely has the physicality for it.

While I get where you are coming from take a look at JJ Watts rookie year.You can't tell me he doesn't have a passion for the game or the physicality.I'm getting my Smitty on here but "its a process".

While a bit extreme, I can definitely see the potential similarities.

Look at Mean Joe highlights the Hageman college highlights. The way that they play is similar when you see how wreckless both are. They look like mad men when they pursue the QB or ballcarrier. They both like to fight the blocker off of them rather than use pristine technique. They're both just active. Hagemen just isn't strong or explosive enough yet but I think he will make an impact after a offseason of training.