The Frightening Thing About The Bungles

Pacific_Falcon

What freaks me out a little bit is that with how badly the Saints have owned us the last several years, that our boys won't get up for this game like they did against NO. I think we've all seen this before, where a team comes off of a huge emotional win against a rival, and comes out looking like owl turds the next week.

As far as matchups go, I think Cincinatti will get much better pressure against us, so I hope we plan on more screens and isolating RB's on their LB's than we ran last week. Other than that I'm not too worried about our offense being the problem, but Carimi and Holmes for 4 quarters is a bit terrifying to me.

AJ Green is a monster...I'm not sure how good the Bungles' O Line is compared to the Taints, but I don't know that we want to count on 2 tough wins in a row with a crap pass rush. The good news is that Dalton is no Brees and we can get away with more blitzing. As much as I love Trufant, last week it looks like he let his receiver get some seperation and then relied on his speed to close once the ball was in the air...I don't think he'll get away with that with AJ Green, so hopefully he cleans that up a bit. Not saying he had a bad game, but I noticed that on a couple replays and I don't think we can get away with that with AJ.

Quite frankly, if we can get the first 2 games as wins, the next 4 should be games we win as well. While they are a division rival, we shouldn't lose to Tampa at home, Minnesota has AP but I don't think their offense can keep up with ours, the Giants aren't good (but this game does scare me a little being on the road), and we should handle Chicago at home in week 6. Realistically we find a way to drop one of the next 5 but if we can play well, not necessarily great, from week 2-6 we could be 6-0. That would be huge because the schedule does get a bit nastier towards the end of the year.

Guest facelessman07

I would hope that with the size of the stick shoved up Smitty and TD's azz they will take this game seriously and that passion will spread onto the players

I think last year was enough to keep us playing high all year. I don't see us having any motivational issues.

I agree and wld add that the Aints victory got a HUGE monkey off their back too. Losing to those lugnuts had to be nawing at them as much, more than likely more, as it was the fans. With that gone, they should fly now.

You get 6-0 from one game that required the offense to gain 500 plus yds just to be able to be in a position to get a fortunate turnover in ot to get a win? Without that turnover, 2 or 3 plays later and we're looking at a loss despite 500 plus. Then what's the mentality of the board? I don't know about you but until the 4th quarter I was saying "same ole falcons". The fact that they didn't fold is a good sign but if it requires that kind of offensive output to win every game we may not win again much less go 6-0. (Not predicting that) I'm not sure about this team yet. After one game I don't think we can truly tell. If it was really that predictable I wouldn't even be interested. I'm excited to see what will happen but I'm not feeling all this we're unbeatable garbage.

You get 6-0 from one game that required the offense to gain 500 plus yds just to be able to be in a position to get a fortunate turnover in ot to get a win? Without that turnover, 2 or 3 plays later and we're looking at a loss despite 500 plus. Then what's the mentality of the board? I don't know about you but until the 4th quarter I was saying "same ole falcons". The fact that they didn't fold is a good sign but if it requires that kind of offensive output to win every game we may not win again much less go 6-0. (Not predicting that) I'm not sure about this team yet. After one game I don't think we can truly tell. If it was really that predictable I wouldn't even be interested. I'm excited to see what will happen but I'm not feeling all this we're unbeatable garbage.

Yeah so you want to take away turnovers which is apart of the game and is apart of making plays defensively out the win ? This is the logic of a ******.

What if Julio doesn't fumble inside the goal line ? Use your head and quit talking to talking.

Yeah so you want to take away turnovers which is apart of the game and is apart of making plays defensively out the win ? This is the logic of a ******.

What if Julio doesn't fumble inside the goal line ? Use your head and quit talking to talking.

My point is that we were one play from a loss. Although I loved beating the saints... it seems most folks here are acting like it was a beat down..it wasn't.

That's my point and I was able to make it without lashing out at you like a snotty little 8th grader.

OMG..... It's a trap game............ LOL.........

99d.jpg

The funny thing is that this is more of a trap game for the Bengals, since they finished last year way better than the Falcons. The Bengals also beat their division rival last week, the same rival that is putting it on the Steelers. The Bengals are the best in their division right now and the 4th best team in the AFC arguably. The Bengals should and probably will beat the Falcons.

if, up until the fourth quarter, you were saying 'same ole falcons' you obviously didn't watch the last 20 seconds of the first half or any of the third quarter.

I'm just saying that out of the 1st 6 games we have, the first two are the hardest. If we can beat the Saints who we normally almost never beat, and a tough team on the road in Cincinatti, reasonably we should be able to win the next 4 against less difficult teams.