Cam Done Lost Him Mind: Cam Newton Keeps Repeating Mantra About “Donkey Kong Suh”

Trouble

For some reason, Newton refused to answer several questions reporters asked him. That’s not particularly unusual; players frequently decline to talk to the press for one reason or another.

But instead of simply declining to answer, Newton instead responded to the questions he didn’t want to answer by giving the same answer over and over again. And that answer was a statement about how his focus is on Sunday’s game against the Lions and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, whom Newton calls “Donkey Kong Suh.”

My main focus right now is focusing on the Detroit Lions. I think I got my hands full trying to find ways to stay protected by Donkey Kong Suh and my fellow Auburn teammate Nick Fairley,” Newton said, over and over again.

Is Newton trying to insult Suh by making fun of his first name, which sounds a little like “Donkey Kong?” Or is he trying to compliment Suh by comparing him to Donkey Kong, a character who’s strong and powerful? We could ask Newton, but he probably wouldn’t answer, other than to say his main focus right now is the Detroit Lions.

Out of all the people a injured QB should not insult... He is probably 1 of the top 5 you dont wanna piss off.

Black & Blue Review@BlackBlueReview 6m

Cam said the Donkey Kong Suh line 6 times. He also answered about 15 other questions differently. But it’s more clickable to say all …

Black & Blue Review@BlackBlueReview 11m

Shame that Cam Newton’s presser was cut down to make it look like he gave just one answer yesterday when that’s not what happened.

Edited by PantherWake

Black & Blue Review@BlackBlueReview 6m

Cam said the Donkey Kong Suh line 6 times. He also answered about 15 other questions differently. But it’s more clickable to say all …

Black & Blue Review@BlackBlueReview 11m

Shame that Cam Newton’s presser was cut down to make it look like he gave just one answer yesterday when that’s not what happened.

He did repeatedly say he was going to be protected BY Suh, right?

Donkey Kong sounds a lot like Ndamukong, maybe Cam was trying to be funny rather than insulting but it's kind of a reach to consider "Donkey Kong" as a compliment.

Donkey or Kong are 2 words i would not wanna be called as a compliment. 1 is a jackass and the other is a guerrilla.

Id rather be called a bear. People atleast think bears are cuddly but scary.

But even if he is talking about the video game. That was some perverted guerrilla with a thing for small white chicks. Who was scared of some lil plumber.

Not to mention he could be trying to give him a nickname thinking he is creative. Its probably not something he would want as a nickname. Someone making fun of his name. You know kids probably did it in school. he might still have mental scars from that.

A sign of respected would be say "im be hiding all game from mr. Suh".

You hear that kevo... when i call you diddy kong i mean it in the nicest flattering and commenting way imposable. Technically it makes you Suh`s son.

Poor cam, He is gonna be dead come SUN. Someone keep the towel handy.

I don't buy that he was showing any sort of respect. I think instead, he can't pronounce his first name and that's probably what he has always called him and it just came out in the interview. I swear, he is painful to watch when reporters get a hold of him sometimes. maybe he was stoned...I don't know.

I do know, Carolina better hope Suh is laughing about it and not taking offense, because if he is, he will be motivated to hurt Cam...and that guy can do it.

Donkey or Kong are 2 words i would not wanna be called as a compliment. 1 is a kackass and the other is a guerrilla.

Id rather be called a bear. People atleast think bears are cuddly but scary.

But even if he is talking about the video game. That was some perverted guerrilla with a thing for small white chicks. Who was scared of some lil plumber.

Not to mention he could be trying to give him a nickname thinking he is creative. Its probably not something he would want as a nickname. Someone making fun of his name. You know kids probably did it in school. he might still have mental scars from that.

A sign of respected would be say "im be hiding all game from mr. Suh".

You hear that kevo... when i call you diddy kong i mean it in the nicest flattering and commenting way imposable. Technically it makes you Suh`s son.

Poor cam, He is gonna be dead come SUN. Someone keep the towel handy.

Get 'em Scoop!!

Word around the barber shop is Detroit's players are not amused.

Would the saints be if he said that about them. I bet there is a print out on SUH`s locker of Cam. His locker has alot of dents in it or so ive heard.

panthers dont even have to worry about seeing Steve Smith. They better throw in Cams towel vs detroit.

Fans gonna be chanting "SUH`S GONNA KiII YOU!" I wouldnt wanna be Cam. He is a big boy, but Suh eats steaks that big for dinner.

WFW will be anxious to see the up and comer Trufant take a shot. Sherman comes to mind. But WRs like Rioddy, Julio, Megatron, are going to get theirs!

Megatron would eat up Trufant.. I'm not sure about Sherman since I believe Sherman just stays on his side of the field.....and isn't used much as a guy that folows around the #1 WR at all times. I don't think there is a single player in the NFL that can cover Megatron 1 on 1. It takes the effort of the entire secondary...and even that is not enough sometimes.

Also - Don't put JJ and White in the same sentence as Megatron. Unless the sentence is "Don't put JJ and White in the same sentence as Megatron". That guy is on his own level of freakish ability and physical attributes.

Grimes covered Megatron pretty well, one on one. No reason to think Trufant couldn't do it also.

Calvin is great, but trust me, as a UGA fan I have seen him get shut down just like anyone else. He has size and speed, but its not as if he is the best route runner in the world. A speedy corner with good hops can hang with him.

Megatron would eat up Trufant.. I'm not sure about Sherman since I believe Sherman just stays on his side of the field.....and isn't used much as a guy that folows around the #1 WR at all times. I don't think there is a single player in the NFL that can cover Megatron 1 on 1. It takes the effort of the entire secondary...and even that is not enough sometimes.

Also - Don't put JJ and White in the same sentence as Megatron. Unless the sentence is "Don't put JJ and White in the same sentence as Megatron". That guy is on his own level of freakish ability and physical attributes.

After watching Colston and the saints have their way with Atlantas DBs, megatron might go for 250.

Sherman doesn't move from the left side. He follows no one.

GB put their 4th string WR over there most of the game and took Sherman out the play.