For All You Cajuns- Louisiana's Losing It's Boot...

jb 3.0

Yet in Virginia, the great Dismal Swamp keeps growing with reports of Alligators in it!

and wolves and bears and eagles and any other wild life you can think of.

If people would stop trying to burn down the swamp every other year. Seems like every 2 years there is a wildfire there and goes out of control for a month. Covering most of the state is ash. (thats ash you pervs not ***, get your minds out the gutter).

The lack of concern by the Feds is appalling. I can't help but think were it a West Coast or Northeast issue they'd be pouring time and resources into it to help solve it, but its the Deep South and a Red State so, eh..

It's not like George W. was scrambling to help you all....

I seriously doubt Red or Blue has much to do with it...

Everyone knows the deep south is azz backwards politically. wink.png

People in the know say super storm Sandy was way more fugged up than Katrina. I know some people who still have not settled insurance claims in Jersey because the gubmint is stonewalling the insurance agencies.

So many Katrina victims were screwed out of insurance claims because the insurance companies claimed that they only covered for wind damage not flood damage.

Funny though...since the storm surge is caused by the high winds from the hurricane!

Nearly all of the damage on the Gulf Coast was because of storm surge.

http://www.tortdeform.com/archives/2006/09/nationwide_insurance_is_on_you.html

People in the know say super storm Sandy was way more fugged up than Katrina. I know some people who still have not settled insurance claims in Jersey because the gubmint is stonewalling the insurance agencies.

And then there's this :

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/04/business/04insure.html?_r=0

The insurance companies say they paid for damage to homes in areas where there was no flooding. Where there was flooding, they say, they paid for damage that could have come only from wind, like the loss of a roof and broken upper-story windows — above the highest marks left by flood waters. But they have generally refused to pay for damage to houses, or parts of houses, that were hit by both wind and flood water.

Anytime you have gubmint and insurance companies involved there will be masive red tape and corruption when monies exchange hands!

Most that know you would trust BOTH before they'd trust your lying ***. How many bets have you weaseled out of here over the years? How many have you welched on? 10? 20? At least one or two per season.

You've got no business pointing fingers at anyone but your own slime ridden self.rolleyes.gif

WFW has never weasled out of one single bet. You have to make a bet before you can weasle out of one OCPA!laugh.png You're just mad because the bets WFW does place he wins! Did lose once to a bucciesfan, might have been rimbucciefan or AllBuc'dUp cannot remember which? WFW had to use a Joey Galloway sig for a month!

You JUST DID LAST WEEK! You are one slimy creature.rolleyes.gif

back on topic is this just natural or is there something that can be done about it?

It is natural erosion. The state has been trying different things for years to try and stop the erosion process...but nothing has really worked so far.

The federal government has been ignoring this problem for the past 60+ years.

It is natural erosion. The state has been trying different things for years to try and stop the erosion process...but nothing has really worked so far.

The federal government has been ignoring this problem for the past 60+ years.

I mean they better try everything. It'd be a shame to lose all that. If it's natures will though it'll happen at some point.

I mean they better try everything. It'd be a shame to lose all that. If it's natures will though it'll happen at some point.

And I agree.

It would benefit the federal government to actually do something to stop the erosion process,because the Louisiana coastline acts as a buffer for hurricanes coming from the Gulf of Mexico.

The more that the Louisiana coastline erodes...the more damage will be done to the states due north of the state of Louisiana.