Gabe Carimi........not Chopped Liver

Bring It

Agreed. When we signed this guy, I laughed it off as an offensive line coach bringing in a former bust that he's familiar with to be a camp body. Carimi showed Sunday that while he isn't Joe Thomas, he's certainly a palpable replacement if you're looking for a quick fix. We have to remember that this guy won the Outland Trophy while at Wisconsin, and certainly has the size to dominate. I wouldn't trust him as a 16 game starter, but I'm more than happy that he's backing up Matthews as opposed to a guy like Garrett Reynolds or Jeremy Trueblood.

If he got the job done against the Saints, why wouldn't you trust him for the other 15 games? I'm definitely happy we have Carimi as back-up rather than Reynolds or Trueblood. Tice knows his OL talent and we are reaping the reward.

Did we make this thread solely based on the fact he's 26 and not old? Lol.

Not at all.

I posted this because I saw repeated comments how Carimi was just a so-so after thought, etc.

He's clearly a potential A-1 Stud lineman.

And, with Tice guiding him daily, who knows how good he may turn out ?? Hope he stays healthy.

I don't want to burst everyones bubble, I just think we're all seeing through rose colored glasses because the team played great overall but... https://www.profootb...falcons-week-1/

Gabe Carimi, LT, -7.1

Breakdown: Carimi replaced rookie Jake Matthews who was forced to leave with an ankle injury. Carimi allowed five pressures, and was penalized three times. Saints DE Junior Galettehad his way with Carimi, on his way to a game-best +2.1 run defense grade.

Signature Stat: Carimi earned a -3.3 run blocking grade on just 20 snaps.

Edited by Northern_Falcon

Not at all.

I posted this because I saw repeated comments how Carimi was just a so-so after thought, etc.

He's clearly a potential A-1 Stud lineman.

And, with Tice guiding him daily, who knows how good he may turn out ?? Hope he stays healthy.

I definitely don't disagree but so was Jason Smith

I am pulling for him, but this is a major chink in the armor. This guy has sucked worse than Lamar Holmes ever since entering the NFL. How many $2 replacement parts can we really expect to hold up like the real thing? Wish Matthews didn't get hurt, but that's the nature of the game.

I think we will probably lose because Carmini will get beat all day long on Sunday. ph34r.png I hope he proves me wrong!

I don't want to burst everyones bubble, I just think we're all seeing through rose colored glasses because the team played great overall but... https://www.profootb...falcons-week-1/

Gabe Carimi, LT, -7.1

Breakdown: Carimi replaced rookie Jake Matthews who was forced to leave with an ankle injury. Carimi allowed five pressures, and was penalized three times. Saints DE Junior Galettehad his way with Carimi, on his way to a game-best +2.1 run defense grade.

Signature Stat: Carimi earned a -3.3 run blocking grade on just 20 snaps.

As long as the O-line doesn't look like last year, I don't give a sh*t about his PFF grade. They could give him -20, as long as Matt is able to read the field and deal.

Context. This was Carimi's first time playing LT since 2011 according to him. He probably didn't even know all the blocking assignments at that position and had no experience working with Blalock. That said I think he did pretty well under the circumstances. Should be better this week with a week of practice if he's called upon.

Look, some have their own agendas to demonize who they set their sights on.......never to change.

They need to be "right".

If Carimi earns NFL Comeback Player of 2014 they still will find ways to insult his talents and endeavors.