The Bungels D

yae! dan Quinn

I keep hearing how cincy has such a great defense. Yet they gave up 329 yards passing and 420 overall to flacco and the ravens. The ravens are not the saints, and didn't even have ray rice. Falcons gave up 333 passing and 470 overall, 50 yards difference and 20 of those were in OT. If ATL OL holds up, and ATL plays half as well, falcons win this easily.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win easyli? that's incorrect. The bengals have a brutal D-line. I recon our o-line will allow 3-5 sacks on matty sunday. On the other side our d-line hasn't done anything yet. We need speed on the edges..

Could be even more.

Matty Ice won't have much time at all to find our receivers with that D-Line in his face all day.

Guest Negatorris

Yeah, Flacco passed the ball 62 times.

Geno and Burfict may be out so that should help big time. We need to effectively run the ball again to slow down their DL and to get their secondary to move up. Then The Iceman should be able to bomb away.

Win easyli? that's incorrect. The bengals have a brutal D-line. I recon our o-line will allow 3-5 sacks on matty sunday. On the other side our d-line hasn't done anything yet. We need speed on the edges..

the Bengals D ends are no better than the Saints D ends. And the interior of our line was beastly Sunday. Will be a good matchup

I think folks forget that the Ravens have a good O-Line. That may be a reason that the Bengals D-Line wasn't as effective. That and the fact that they were playing division rivals that knew them. We do not. Will be a great game, by no means easy.

Although I disagree with OP about it being an easy game, the Ravens have far from a good OL. Their OL was almost as terrible as ours last year.

Whether they have improved or not remains to be seen

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Ok, I had to reply to this topic. Flacco was 35/62 with 345yds and 1 TD 1 INT.

That's 9.8yds per completion, and 5.6yds per attempt. Sounds decent. Except, 80 of those yards came on one play, where Pacman made a boneheaded move, He does that like every other game... So that's 265yds on 34 completions and 61 attempts. Or 7.8yds and 4.3yds respectively. Not really great numbers. Granted, you could take away AJ's play and leave dalton at 224 or so. I think Burfict leaving hurt the run game which started clicking a bit (Forsett is a good young back, fast too) then Ratbirds had to still pass because they were down 15. I imagine Matt will throw 2 tds, he is better than flacco. Geno Atkins will be fine, whoever said he might miss, he was dehydrated at the end of the game not hurt. Burfict... idk. Concussions are such an odd injury now, never know how long someone will be out. If Burfict is out, that gives you an advantage in the run game. We still have a great dline rotation with Geno, Peko, Gilberry, Hunt, Geathers, Dunlap, etc. Peko is the run stuffer, Geno is more of a pass rusher, but can do it all honestly. Dunlap and Gilberry are both good off the end, and Margus Hunt is just raw talent. Geathers has been kind disappointing, he had a couple good years then disappeared. We have one of the tallest dlines in the league, so we get tipped passes often. Our corners are kinda streaky. hmm what else, Maualuga = joke. If Geno's back in form watch out. Otherwise I'd say the players to watch are Gilberry/Dunlap and Lamur.

Here's hoping to a good, injury free game. I personally want a high scoring affair, got AJ on my fantasy team lol.

Fact are facts....How many times did the sack Flacco?? 329/ 420 overall, can't be that good. Unless your saying because they are playing at home they might do better than on the road.

That was one game man, and against a division opponent that they know pretty well. They have a nasty defensive line and probably one of the beat o-line's in the game. This will be a big test for our Falcons