Inside The Nfl

HighFlyingFalcon

Anyone else watching this show on Showtime? Is it just me or did they spend a crazy amount of time talking about how bad the Cowboys and Romo are? This team hasn't been relevant in 10 years but still these shows go on and on and on about how wonderful they are. Here we are 45 minutes into this show and not a word about our Falcons.

I can't believe it..!

The Falcons come from behind to beat one of the premier teams in the NFL, that is also a Division rival. They score the most points and had the most yards of ANY team in the NFL in week 1 and they do it against one of the top defenses in the NFL. Matt Ryan had one of the highest QB ratings for a opening game in NFL history..!

So, what do the folks at "Inside the NFL" have to say about it..?

NOTHING..! NOT ONE @#$% WORD..!

Sure, they showed film highlights but there was not any commentary what so ever..!!!

Wasted an hour for basically nothing.

They only talked about Ray Rice, Bears, Steelers/Ravens rivalry, and Cowboys.

No mention of the Falcons at all outside of the game highlights.

I like the NFL Monday QB show that comes on the CBS Sports channel a lot better. They actually gave Ryan huge props for showing up big in the Saints game.

Is it just me or did anyone else think that Boomer Esiason was kind of scared to really lay into Ray Rice with Ed Reed sitting right next to him?

And Ed Reed didn't want to say how he really felt so he wouldn't look like a jerk by coming off wrong. The whole time he was speaking, he was looking down at the table or had his eyes closed. Since he knows both of them, he probably has a bigger opinion on it.

We'd need to go 15-1 to get national cred :(

Even if we go 15-1, they will say we are the weakest 15-1 team in history of the NFL. Or we had an easy schedule. Or all our wins were too close to count as wins because we should have lost a lot more, or the NFL had a down year, or blah blah blah blah.

We gotta realize, we aren't going to get media praise until we win the Lombardi, 3 times, in a ROW. Then and only then we MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE. For now? You can forget about it.

Edited by FalconBlood23

All of the sports channels really follow one general rule, give the most coverage to the most popular stuff. I love my Falcons but compared to other teams on a national level we near the bottom of the barrell as far as popularity. The average "fan" usually aren't big X's and O's people so the Falcons seem boring. Vick was a box office draw cause he was something the league hadn't seen a lot of. You replace him with traditional (no matter how good he plays) Matt Ryan and it doesn't excite people.

The only way to really tip the needle on the national scale is to get a SuperBowl plain and simple. Consecutive blowout losses to the Packers and Giants have left a lasting impression on people cause for a lot of them that was the first time all season they saw us. The bandwagon media will come you just gotta win period. NFL network and ESPN is about %10 actual sports coverage and %90 drama/ratings selling. That's why you get coverage of Micheal SAMs taking a shower and Johnny Manziel partying. Their main job is to get people watching and right now to the average not so educated fan the Falcons aren't "hot". Marty Ice keeps the offense running how it is that can all change in one season.

Saw it on my tivo last night and watched.... actually I fast forwarded to the part of the Falcons. No discussion, and the highlights showed about 4-5 plays.

Crazy. But that's life in the dirty south.

Here's news flash. Cowboys suck. Giants suck. Jets will probably suck, Green Bay got owned. Ray Rice and his wife and the Ravens owner blew Godell for the slack 2 game suspension. Move on to something interesting.