Tds 2013 Draft Picks And Fas- Where's The Love?

I am starting to realize just how good this 2013 draft may turn out. Take a look at this:

Round 1: Trufant - Already playing at a pro bowl level. Probable All Pro

Round 2: Robert Alford- He's already very good. Possible Pro Bowler

Round 4: Malliciah Goodman- He's starting to flash, we actually have several message board members demanding he get more playing time because he is disruptive and getting pressure.

Round 4: Levine Toilolo - Starter- This dude is making great blocks AND making clutch catches. Nothing fancy, all blue collar stuff that us fans admire the heck out of. Most important part, with him in defenses do not know if you are going to run or pass, this is a big advantage

Round 5: Stansly Maponga - Message boarders have been mentioning his name all throughout preseason and even after the Saints Game, he's getting pressure and making a difference out there when he's in.

Round 7: Kemal Ishmeal- STs and played some snaps at S in Saints game. A contributor who is getting important playing time.

Round 7: Zeke Motta - He was looking promising until that neck injury, he'll be back

Round 7: Sean Refree- gave TJ one heck of a run for his money and still here

Undrafted Free Agents:

Paul Worillow: Starter

Joplo Bartu: Starter

We picked up 5 starters and a bunch of other contributors from the 2013 rookie class. That's one heck of an offseason when only looking at the rookies.

Not only are all players still here form the 2013 draft, many contributed to our win against the Saints. Who did we sign as I drafted free agents that might be contributing?

I only like trufant. Alford needs to improve his hand usage (couldnt describe it better)

the rest are up in the air because we haven't seen them play a whole season or play enough snaps.

Dude, Alford is a starting CB and pretty good too. It's not like he's getting beat left and right even though we have no pass rush to help him. The rest are contributing, which is more than you can normally say one year in.

5 starters folks.......and you are right, if we wait it could be more.

...since when does starting make you a good draft pick? Ryan Leaf started.

Sam Baker has started for years and was signed to a stupid contract and he's arguably one of Dimitroff's worst picks. That's kind of what he does- overvalues his picks.

A lot of these guys are starting out of necessity.

Edited by The Shotfather

Trufant and Alford are already proven as solid picks. Toilolo is showing his value.

Motta hasn't done much, even before the injury, but he was a 7th rounder, so the expectations should be low. Renfree looks like a decent backup.

Goodman and Maponga are the keys to determining whether that draft as good overall or just solid at the top.

...since when does starting make you a good draft pick? Ryan Leaf started.

Sam Baker has started for years and was signed to a stupid contract and he's arguably one of Dimitroff's worst picks. That's kind of what he does- overvalues his picks.

A lot of these guys are starting out of necessity.

The 5 starters all had key contributions on the New Orleans loss, the others also contributed. You can try and compare Trufant to Leaf but you will be laughed at for this.

Agreed about Tru and Alford but slow the roll on Goodman and Maponga. I'm a believer of both actually but we'll know a lot more about these guys by season's end

You can't ignore Worrilow and Bartu, they are both productive starters. They weren't draft picks but they were picked up as rookie, Undrafted free agents.

I know I'm slightly ahead of the curve here, but things are looking very good at this point. 5 starters is quite a haul already.

In all fairness it probably saved TDs job - and I'm not a TD hater. He started very well in 2008 and got worse in consecutive years and really needed a strong 2013 and 2014 - which I'm pretty confident he has done even though its early days. Other drafts simply will be remembered as only Moore, Julio, etc. FA acquisitions gave also been solid but as always these cost and drafting is the real key to sustained success.

Not enough years have gone by to judge this class. Love Trufant and Alford so far, though. Get back to me in 2016 for a full opinion.

i find this to be a cop-out answer. no offense to you in particular, but in general, uhh no sh!t after three or more years anyone with a pulse can grade a draft.

it's like projecting matt ryan...you either want him or you don't..swift and co. say once he wins a bowl he will be good enough for them. well, no sh!t swift. i mean let's bet on the come before the river for once in our life.

• 2 weeks later...

5 starters who all helped us beat New Orleans Sunday folks.......and you are right, if we wait it could be more.

Evidently most People on here were not around before TD came to town.. Before he got here we would be lucky to have 2 starters out of every draft class, 3 at most and that was a good year.. I know.. I was here the last 41 years watching.. I've said it since he was hired only one thing has helped this team more than getting TD, and that was Blank buying the team so he could hire a great Draft guru.