Think This Is It

NOVAFalconFan

One thing I've not heard anyone mention about last Sunday's game is what we did in the 3rd Qtr.

I can't remember the last time we didn't come out flat and lose a lead after the half.

Against the Stanks we were 14-0 in the 3rd. If we have the "after the half malaise monkey" off our backs we can be world beaters.

Edited by trudweathers

One thing I've not heard anyone mention about last Sunday's game is what we did in the 3rd Qtr.

I can't remember the last time we didn't come out flat and lose a lead after the half.

Against the Stanks we were 14-0 in the 3rd. If we have the "after the half malaise monkey" off our backs we can be world beaters.

If we're going to suck for a half or a quarter, let's get it out of the way BEFORE the half.

Best third qtr that I can remember in a long long time. Matt was possessed. He was not going to lose that game. He had me feeling like I could fight a gorilla and I was at home. It's no wonder the team fed off of him.

Just re-watched the game. We are unreal. This is our year. Last year taught some painful lessons but we are getting dividends now:

Matt's vision and mobility

Offensive line

Tackling defense

It's on now.

I hope so bro! I have to admit, seeing us come back like that was magical. I think we may have "it" too.

Best third qtr that I can remember in a long long time. Matt was possessed. He was not going to lose that game. He had me feeling like I could fight a gorilla and I was at home. It's no wonder the team fed off of him.

You could tell that no one on that field wanted it more than Matt. If he can maintain that passion and leadership throughout the season? Whoa...

It's funny because it started with Determination, then as he got comfortable it just became natural for him to just pound the living crap out of the Saints D one drive after another. It almost seemed too easy on offense. Defense was where I was having the heartattack. Seemd like we couldn't get them to 3 and out on anything no matter what we did. Was always the same **** pass to the middle too that killed us. Wish our Linebackers would hit them guys really friggin hard and scare them from catching the ball and trying to make a run for the 1st down. I know Willy Mo does that regularly but he's only 1 dude, guy can't spend all game doing it to each reciever to make sure everyone has the "fear" knocked into them.

It's funny because it started with Determination, then as he got comfortable it just became natural for him to just pound the living crap out of the Saints D one drive after another. It almost seemed too easy on offense. Defense was where I was having the heartattack. Seemd like we couldn't get them to 3 and out on anything no matter what we did. Was always the same **** pass to the middle too that killed us. Wish our Linebackers would hit them guys really friggin hard and scare them from catching the ball and trying to make a run for the 1st down. I know Willy Mo does that regularly but he's only 1 dude, guy can't spend all game doing it to each reciever to make sure everyone has the "fear" knocked into them.

Least WillMo did it when it counted most. Loved hearing him say that was his plan all along. Was it really his plan to let him catch the ball and then knock it loose? I don't know, I like it though. lol

Let's just relax. We had a great game and beat a very good time. That's all it is right now. #2 can't do that week in and week out. Going to have to get a lot better on defense and run the ball a little better.

Can't wait for this week

Run the ball better? Every back except for Smith was over 4.0. We haven't had that since 2011.

Least WillMo did it when it counted most. Loved hearing him say that was his plan all along. Was it really his plan to let him catch the ball and then knock it loose? I don't know, I like it though. lol

It's kinda weird but yes they do think that way sometimes. They will notice something about a player earlier in the game and won't alert him to it and when we really need it they'll pull it out. He probably noticed he carries the ball loose on that long run because I noticed it.

Let's just relax. We had a great game and beat a very good time. That's all it is right now. #2 can't do that week in and week out. Going to have to get a lot better on defense and run the ball a little better.

Can't wait for this week

Why not? Dan Marino has. Peyton Manning has. Tom Brady has. Aaron Rodgers has. Drew Brees has. Heck, Matthew Stafford has. Why not us? Why not Matt Ryan if he is "elite?"

Can't wait for this week

Falcons ran 25 times for 4.9YPC and a TD, not sure what you want.

D will get better- lots of new pieces on the D and lots of youth-they'll get better. Plus, very few Os like Saints on the schedule.

It's kinda weird but yes they do think that way sometimes. They will notice something about a player earlier in the game and won't alert him to it and when we really need it they'll pull it out. He probably noticed he carries the ball loose on that long run because I noticed it.

Watch the clip- think the WR was moving the ball to his other hand.