A Small Bit Of Interesting News On Weems

jdawg4876

I was watching the smitty coach show yesterday from the falcons home page, (I would link the videos but my phone hates the homepage) and I cant remember if it was smitty or ryan who said weems would have certain packages on offense, and of course he was out there on at least one play sunday against the saints. I could see weems being a drew davis type player for us, brought in to help spring the screen game, and every once in a while they use julio as a decoy and throw the ball to weems. Now im not saying he will be a major factor at all on offense, but im making a prediction that he scores at least 1 td on offense this season.

If they can get offensive help from the (formerly) special teams guys (Hester, Antone, Weems, Roby) that is pretty special indeed.

Don't think there is much hope for Roby though.

Falcons are better off keeping HD and DH as those 3rd and 4th wrs

and when they go 5 wide i would rather see one of the explosive backs out there lined up wide

i like weems and he is a decent WR

but when you have

Jones

White

Douglas

and Hester

Weems and Roby gotta be the odd men out in our 4 wr sets

Weems is special on special teams, but he's not so special as a receiver. Solid maybe... but we're used to so much more than just "solid."

true but for a 5th option thats impressive. im not sayng we should start weems over anybody, but he could be used as a decoy wr, maybe 5 to 6 catches this season. either way I thought it was strange that either smitty or ryan said we had packages set up for weems

On that same show Dave Archer mentioned that Weems chipped blocked Cam Jordan before he ran his route and he knocked him to the ground.

I went back and looked and it was the play where we were backed up to the 5 yard line and Julio caught that long pass. Weems definitely knocked Jordan to the ground. Weems has always been a very tough dude. It was great to see him back in action.

On that same show Dave Archer mentioned that Weems chipped blocked Cam Jordan before he ran his route and he knocked him to the ground.

I went back and looked and it was the play where we were backed up to the 5 yard line and Julio caught that long pass. Weems definitely knocked Jordan to the ground. Weems has always been a very tough dude. It was great to see him back in action.

HD had a nice chip on a dlineman as well. Don't think he dropped the guy tho.

• 2 weeks later...