So Who Is Considered Our Number 1 Receiver Now? Why?

Captain America

As of now, I still consider Roddy White our Number 1 Receiver. Mostly because he is the veteran and I am still a little worried about J Who Jones foot. As of out number 3 receiver, I would give it to HD, but if Hester keeps doing what he does. Then I would give the third spot to him.

So who do you Think is our Number 1 and Why?

Julio and Roddy are both #1's. If I had to pick one, I'd say it's Julio because he's the one that is the most difficult for our opponents to gameplan for. Roddy will get his catches regardless, but he isn't as big of a homerun threat as Julio, so he won't see as many doubles. Defenses have to gameplan around Julio and he's the one they talk about having to give extra help on.

HD should stay the #3 WR. I don't want to take Hester off punt returns. I love having the 4WR sets where they have to figure out how to cover Hester with their 4th CB. If Hester rolled into the 3WR role, he would be in on alot more snaps and wouldn't be as effective. I love our 4WR set and I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't care if Hester got targeted more in certain weeks, I just wouldn't want him having to play 75% of offensive plays and still do KR/PR duties. That will wear anybody out.

Julio and Roddy are both #1's. If I had to pick one, I'd say it's Julio because he's the one that is the most difficult for our opponents to gameplan for. Roddy will get his catches regardless, but he isn't as big of a homerun threat as Julio, so he won't see as many doubles. Defenses have to gameplan around Julio and he's the one they talk about having to give extra help on.

HD should stay the #3 WR. I don't want to take Hester off punt returns. I love having the 4WR sets where they have to figure out how to cover Hester with their 4th CB. If Hester rolled into the 3WR role, he would be in on alot more snaps and wouldn't be as effective. I love our 4WR set and I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't care if Hester got targeted more in certain weeks, I just wouldn't want him having to play 75% of offensive plays and still do KR/PR duties. That will wear anybody out.

Personally I'd rather have Hester as a WR only and have Weems on returns - use Hester if we're in a nail biter.

Personally I'd rather have Hester as a WR only and have Weems on returns - use Hester if we're in a nail biter.

Agree to disagree. HD earned the #3 spot last season. He's always done everything he's been asked. And I've seen a new attitude out of him this preseason and regular season.

tend to agree with u...Hester on punts...Weems on kickoffs...but at the same time, how can u take chances away from Hester?? cat is just tooo dangerous...$hit...i'm arguing with myself now...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Weems. Didn't hear one bad thing about him all game

^^^^^^

this

but I was about to vote for Kerry Meier

He77-- what difference does it make they got at least 4 go to guys that can catch the ball

then good #5#6 WRs, at least 1 good TE and 4 good RBs that can catch

heck maybe even an OT or 2 that can catch in the jumbo package

Seeing that Julio gets more respect from opposing players and coaches, I'll say him just for the **** of it.

In reality, Roddy is still the main go to guy. Julio has the ability to stretch the field with his speed so his yards will be higher most of the time. Those screen plays are where most of his catches seem to come from