Devin Hester

PHALCONABERNATHY

Let me say, I was skeptical about him when he was signed but I've rewatched the Week 1 game twice and he is truly a playmaker. Hester caught the pass just before Roddys amazing catch before halftime and the last catch of the game placing Bryant in field goal range for the tie in the fourth quarter.

I've heard everyone say he's not a good receiver and I've even said it myself but looking at that game again he looked spectacular. Chicago didn't have three other no. 1 caliber wide receivers besides Hester and I think all those years were wasted in Chicago on just kick returns and that's saying it after one game in a Falcons uniform.

I'm excited to watch him the rest of this season and have never been more happy to eat crow after an amazing performance from a number 4 WR.

Let me say, I was skeptical about him when he was signed but I've rewatched the Week 1 game twice and he is truly a playmaker. Hester caught the pass just before Roddys amazing catch before halftime and the last catch of the game placing Bryant in field goal range for the tie in the fourth quarter.

I've heard everyone say he's not a good receiver and I've even said it myself but looking at that game again he looked spectacular. Chicago didn't have three other no. 1 caliber wide receivers besides Hester and I think all those years were wasted in Chicago on just kick returns and that's saying it after one game in a Falcons uniform.

I'm excited to watch him the rest of this season and have never been more happy to eat crow after an amazing performance from a number 4 WR.

yeah, you're a hater.

I think the two mistakes on the first drive (false start and drop) were nerves/jitters/whatever...

Ryan missed him on that crossing route. Ryan had about 3 balls that could have been placed better all day - that one to Hester, and two to Toilolo. Other than that his accuracy was impeccable. Throwing guys open, specifically Hester and Douglas, all day

The Bears tried to make him a number 1 or 2 receiver, and he's not that. He's most effective when there ate two other receivers getting most of the attention. He's also a guy that you have to design plays for him that suit his strengths. I think he'll be effective with us because we can afford to play him in suitable situations only. We don't need him to be the second option. Chicago didn't have that Luxury. Devin is normally going to draw single coverage from the nickle

corner and he'll win his share of those matchups.

Ryan missed him on that crossing route. Ryan had about 3 balls that could have been placed better all day - that one to Hester, and two to Toilolo. Other than that his accuracy was impeccable. Throwing guys open, specifically Hester and Douglas, all day

Ryan had 448 yards 3 TD's and 0 INTs ,lets give the guy a break.

Ryan had 448 yards 3 TD's and 0 INTs ,lets give the guy a break.

He gave him credit for his "impeccable accuracy" and didn't seem like he was criticizing Matt. I remember those badly placed throws, but in no way do they overshadow his overall performance. Nobody is perfect and Ryan was **** near perfect aside from those 3 throws.

If you include those 3, he had 4. He had a high throw to Jackson that was not on the mark. I actually thought two of the one's you mentioned were very catchable, accurate enough. The only 2 I remember that were off the mark was the overthrow of Jackson and the one that was thrown at Lolo's shins.