A Possible Better Fb Option

jdawg4876

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have watched several plays several times, and levine might be a better fb option than patrick. now I know this sounds crazy to some, but levine with his blocking was instrumental in two of our touchdown plays (well three if you count the one he caught lol) with his blocking.

first one was the catch and run by Smith. after smith squared his shoulders levine got a block on the edge to get him up field.

than on the quizz td run. as soon as matt hiked the ball levine hit the hole and sealed the block for quizz. another bang bang play.

like I said this might sound crazy to some but patrick got what like 5 or 6 snaps, most the time we in a one back set anyways, and if we go jumbo set use bear and an o lineman. I dont hate patrick he is an avg fb, but he is using up a roster spot that could be better served somewhere else.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DiMarco was hitting hard, but he always hits the wrong guy. Nothing like a FB blocking a guy that has no chance of making a play on the ball. I see DiMarco getting better, but still room to improve

its not from a lack of effort its a lack of skill, he hit hard but even then his man did not move much. he has been with the team for a while, he is just a below avg fb, not terrible by any means though, but there is several reasons he gets so little playing time

if we get another fullback.....lets get a fullback....TEs are not FBs they don't know how to run the football and find the hole that the RB needs to run through....is not just to make a block....FBs pick the running lane too........learn football

I know football son and there are a lot of tes than can play double duty if they need to, maybe you should learn

Hes good enough to do his job. If we want a bigger FB, we have Pascoe. Thats why he's around

after we signed bear I thought we would cut patrick and he would play a hybrid role, but his blocking has been suspect so far. did you see the play where matt kicked the fg going to over time bear got blown off the line

its really not an o line man that can catch a pass a yr for a td is a bonus. a roster spot for a guy that has 5 plays a game whos only job is to block very avg. is dumb to me

we have average guys all over the roster!!!lol! we are an average team except for a few guys....kroy...average, bartu ...average...the entire Oline...average, safeties...average.....why does it seem like a waste to have an average utility player?

we have average guys all over the roster!!!lol! we are an average team except for a few guys....kroy...average, bartu ...average...the entire Oline...average, safeties...average.....why does it seem like a waste to have an average utility player?

we have avg guys who get playing time, patrick gets little playing time. why not activate somebody like arenas and let him have patricks roster spot. lets not act like patrick is a beast on ST or anything b he is not.