Do You Think The Bengals Offense Will Keep Pace With Ours?

BrandonDell_

We didn't blitz brees because well.... It's brees, he will eat any defense alive. I think our defense will do slightly better against the bengals. The bengals defense is better than the saints. So our offense will have its challenges but our offense is the best in the nfl (from what I've seen so far ).

What do you think? Will the bengals offense keep up with ours? Dalton to green is a nice combo

I believe they will be ready for any team this year. Guys, this team had something to prove to the entire league. They've been fired up and ready to play for months now. You can bet they are not going to take any team for granted and could careless who they play or how good they may be. The Bengals defense cord is diffinantly losing sleep this week.

Edited by nomak

There are plenty of reasons to withold judgment of both the offense and defense until AFTER this next game. Playing at home against your main rival whom you play twice a year and which has one of the best QBs and most prolific offenses in the NFL can skew statistics all sorts of ways.

It is reasonable to assume playing outside on the road against a playoff team playing its home opener will result in the Offense having a tougher time. If Ryan throws for 400+ and the Falcons put up 35+ this week, then all of us who had ATL winning less than 12 games will need to adjust our expectations.

As for the D, if they give up 62% 3rd down conversions and 32+ to Cincy, then all of us who had ATL winning more than 9 games may need to adjust our expectations.

As wonderful as it felt to be leaving the Dome Sunday with our team 1-0 and our hated rival 0-1, the performance i witnessed only convinced me of three things: 1) Matt Ryan is a great QB, 2) Matt Bryant is a CLUTCH kicker, and 3) this receiving corps should be considered the best in the league. The rest is still TBD.

Will we play with the same fire?

That's what worries me. I remember a few years ago playing the Eagles at home when Vick got knocked the **** out. The defense was playing mean and fierce. I thought it was a turning point for our team

But they went back to the same ol flat bendy defense.

Hopefully they channel that emotion and keep the chip on the shoulder attitude this season.

I think the Bengals will first see what kind of pressure they get with their front 4. If Ryan has the same kind of time that he did against the Saints, they will start blitzing. There's no point in letting Ryan scan the field because we have too many good WR and somebody will be open. I also don't think they'll play their safties as deep as the Saints did, because that left a ton of openings for 20 yard gains.

I just hope Matthews will be healthy because protection was better with him in there. But if he's hurt it might be a tough call.

Plus I don't think Matt Ryan will have quite the accuracy and anticipation that he had against the Saints. When he's on fire like that, there's really nothing that can be done on defense to stop it other than pass rush.

We didn't blitz brees because well.... It's brees, he will eat any defense alive. I think our defense will do slightly better against the bengals. The bengals defense is better than the saints. So our offense will have its challenges but our offense is the best in the nfl (from what I've seen so far ).

What do you think? Will the bengals offense keep up with ours? Dalton to green is a nice combo

If the Falcons D plays like it did in the first half (like it does most any half), then any offense can keep pace. Also, the Bengals have a really good DL, so you can expect Ryan to be running around again to by time. I hate to say it, but the Falcons will lose this one.

If the Falcons D plays like it did in the first half (like it does most any half), then any offense can keep pace. Also, the Bengals have a really good DL, so you can expect Ryan to be running around again to by time. I hate to say it, but the Falcons will lose this one.

I could see this happening too! Cincy has a very good record at home and last year I think they went undefeated at there house! I could see our OLINE sputtering an us just barely drop the ball... 24-20

No. We don't have the same kind of high-powered air attack that you guys do. However, we may be able to keep the ball away from your offense by moving the chains with small steps using a ground attack peppered with quick passing strikes.

Unless we pass to Gresham.

Since this year's defense has different personnel playing a different scheme than last year, what body of work are you basing 'like it does most any half' on? You have a one game, against the saints of all teams, body of work to go on. That's it. Last years stats by different players playing a different scheme isn't really that relevant.

No. We don't have the same kind of high-powered air attack that you guys do. However, we may be able to keep the ball away from your offense by moving the chains with small steps using a ground attack peppered with quick passing strikes.

Unless we pass to Gresham.

I could definitely see Jeremy Hill or Gio having a big day. Our defense looked suspect in the 1st half vs NO.

Also you're a rare sight! Welcome to TATF an we wouldn't mind you to hop on down to Rival Central and share your opinions.

There are plenty of reasons to withold judgment of both the offense and defense until AFTER this next game. Playing at home against your main rival whom you play twice a year and which has one of the best QBs and most prolific offenses in the NFL can skew statistics all sorts of ways.

It is reasonable to assume playing outside on the road against a playoff team playing its home opener will result in the Offense having a tougher time. If Ryan throws for 400+ and the Falcons put up 35+ this week, then all of us who had ATL winning less than 12 games will need to adjust our expectations.

As for the D, if they give up 62% 3rd down conversions and 32+ to Cincy, then all of us who had ATL winning more than 9 games may need to adjust our expectations.

As wonderful as it felt to be leaving the Dome Sunday with our team 1-0 and our hated rival 0-1, the performance i witnessed only convinced me of three things: 1) Matt Ryan is a great QB, 2) Matt Bryant is a CLUTCH kicker, and 3) this receiving corps should be considered the best in the league. The rest is still TBD.

post of the thread right here!