Iceman Cometh: Matty Ice Adds The 'shuffle' To His Game

ATLFalcon36

One of the things that I've always noticed, and was a small, but effective technique used by the most elite QBs, was the ability to take slight steps in the pocket to evade pressure/sacks. Drew Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton are all very good at doing this, but previously we never really saw this out of Matt Ryan.

Yesterday, he had a masterful command and pocket presence, feeling pressure and making small adjustments to his positioning to extend plays. Now that it seems this has been added to his game, on top of continuing mastery of his throwing accuracy and power, it seems that the Iceman has finally arrived at the elite level we all had hoped for. With just this small skill added to his arsenal, on top of an improved o-line, healthy WRs and emergence of Hester, I think this is the best offense the Falcons have ever had.

I rewatched the game and Ryan was even more impressive when I slowed it down.

His awareness of what was happening around him was a thing of beauty.

It really was the best game I've seen him play. I don't want to say perfect but it was a masterpiece.

If not for the drops, it was as perfect as you can get. I think he really only missed a handful of passes.

I rewatched the game and Ryan was even more impressive when I slowed it down.

His awareness of what was happening around him was a thing of beauty.

It really was the best game I've seen him play. I don't want to say perfect but it was a masterpiece.

I'll say it...

It was perfect. Dude threw 74 times and completed 73% of his passes for 448 yards and 3 TDs. Woooooweeee and it was a thing of beauty to watch.

I really believe this will be the year Matt proves his national doubters wrong and he starts getting the respect he deserves. It's laughable to put him in the same class as Cutler, Flacco and so on. Just think about it. He came to Atlanta at the worst time possible. Half the city wanted Vick back. We sucked, new regime, and he came in and took care of business. He made the city of Atlanta forget about Vick. He's in the same class as Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers. In fact, I'd put Ryan as the fifth best Qb in the league. The media acts like he's barely top 15.

Ryan has shown incredible improvement in his lacking areas this year. He moves so elegantly and shows such a strong poise in the pocket. The only play I saw him flinch on at all was the sack and he only flinched to try to maintain control of the football. Was **** near flawless.

Edited by RideOrDieIce