http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=125821

Given there are only a handful of responses in the thread, I have only seen one say they think they will lose. I understand homerism and rose colored glasses, we are all guilty. But half of those guys seem to think we will be held to under 20 points.

I can't speak for them against us as I don't know what they have done to improve their team since last year. I think we will have a better day defensively obviously, and that isn't to slight them in any way. But I mean come on, can't say our D is garbage for giving up 34 to Brees and co.

If Jake is good to go and not hindered by the ankle problem I think we put up 27 plus. It will be a tough trip as most games after emotional wins like yesterday teams usually fall flat. I really don't see that happening bad enough to keep us under 20 points. Devonta will get a big td this week. Mass and Goodman will make a bit of noise, and I think TRU will have a test for him but will do as good as can be expected if he is on AJ all day. The FS situation better change quick and in the right direction. Ryan will still lead the NFL in yards and rating after next week.

What say ye?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will show up. The Saints are a very tough matchup for us and everybody else not named the Seahawks. The Bengals have a good offense but are not even close to being the Saints. Double Green and make the other beat us. Dalton is a good QB but will make mistakes if disturbed. Bengals have a good D but with Atkins and Berfect injured and in doubt for this game Bowes well for us. I don't think any D can matchup with us if Ryan is protected like he was Sunday.

Edited by J-Wall

On the road against a pretty good CIN team worries me a bit. However, we just took on one of last year's top defenses and lit 'em up. I think the momentum and confidence from that win will do wonders.

A few story lines that come to mind:

- we looked great on turf this week. how will we do on grass?

- what's up with Geno Atkins?

- will Mathews ankle be good to go?

On the road against a pretty good CIN team worries me a bit. However, we just took on one of last year's top defenses and lit 'em up. I think the momentum and confidence from that win will do wonders.

A few story lines that come to mind:

- we looked great on turf this week. how will we do on grass?

- what's up with Geno Atkins?

- will Mathews ankle be good to go?

Cincy doesn't play on grass

I won't lock us in for a win, but they are in for a huge disappointment if they believe we will be held under 20 after what we just did to the Saints. I agree Saints obviously had a great D last year and we absolutely destroyed them to the tune of breaking records. So sweet it is. Key for us is defense, seems too easy to say that but I don't know who can stifle this offense. This is the greatest WR corps I can ever think of us having.

Very wrong. Broncos, Patriots, Steelers all ahead of them. That and their QB breaks down when it matters most.

Very wrong. Take a look at what the Bengals did to the Steelers, Patriots, and the Colts last year at home. It wasn't pretty for them.

Tom Brady 18/38 197 Yards 0 TD 1 INT

Ben Roetlisberger 20/37 251 Yards 1 TD 1 INT

Just about doubles up on the Colts at home and we beat Green Bay at home. I guess you're right, it could be debatable as to their status as top 3 in the conference, but it's undoubtably that they are at home. They've proven time and time again that they can't contain and beat elite quarterbacks at home.

Edited by WelcometotheJungle

Very wrong. Take a look at what the Bengals did to the Steelers, Patriots, and the Colts last year at home. It wasn't pretty for them.

Just about doubles up on the Colts at home and we beat Green Bay at home. I guess you're right, it could be debatable as to their status as top 3 in the conference, but it's undoubtably that they are at home. They've proven time and time again that they can't contain and beat elite quarterbacks at home.

That was last year....... Ravens looked like hot garbage and still had a shot in the 4th QT...... Falcons roll with this game.......Michael Johnson gone, Geno banged up and no TE.....

Bengals are nothing to sneeze at, but I still think on paper this game is the Falcons to lose. Keep in mind it is Cincy's home opener and the team will be playing with a lot of emotion and energy.

That being said, the Falcons offense can't be shut down by double teaming Julio. I don't know the Bengals all that well but it seems as if the Saints are superior in several key areas: QB, OL, Secondary. The rest might be a push or too close to make a difference. I imagine Ryan will still play well (though not otherworldly like yesterday) and the Falcons D gets more push as the talent comes back to earth on the Bengals OL, and the secondary is allowed to run more man and free up blitzers. If we double AJ, I am confident the secondary won't get torched if we blitz and extra couple guys.

Falcons 27 Bengals 20.

I'm not doubting your defense, I just think those three teams are better than yours overall.

If Ryan plays anything like yesterday we will rout them ....

(knock on wood) But I think this really could end up being the year of Matt Ryan. He's got weapon after weapon and has never been better from a physical and mental standpoint. Maybe not against a D as good as the Bengals but it would not surprise me at all to see more 400 yard games.

Very wrong. Broncos, Patriots, Steelers all ahead of them. That and their QB breaks down when it matters most.

ummm the Steelers are NOT a better team than the Bengals. Broncos and Pats are the 2 best teams. After that it's easily the Bengals. Steelers haven't made it to the playoffs for a couple of years while the Bengals have been in the playoffs the last few. Steelers are not that good right now.

ummm the Steelers are NOT a better team than the Bengals. Broncos and Pats are the 2 best teams. After that it's easily the Bengals. Steelers haven't made it to the playoffs for a couple of years while the Bengals have been in the playoffs the last few. Steelers are not that good right now.

Steelers are toast IMO. As a whole the AFC is pretty weak compared to NFC as of late anyway.

That was last year....... Ravens looked like hot garbage and still had a shot in the 4th QT...... Falcons roll with this game.......Michael Johnson gone, Geno banged up and no TE.....

Geno at 90% still makes him well above average. Michael Johnson had a below average year last year, and even missed the game vs Brady. That still didn't prevent us from holding them to 6 points. Our redzone offense looked like hot garage and I doubt that will continue while playing a worse defense. Not saying this game is going to be a win for my Bengals, but it's pretty likely to be much closer than what some Falcon fans think.

I'm not doubting your defense, I just think those three teams are better than yours overall.

You're entitled to your opinion. But the Steelers have a very mediocre defense and an average offense and are a very average team. How you could even place them in the top 5 in the AFC is beyond me. But... You are entitled to your opinion.