Jake Matthew News

atljbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With that said, will he go? Yay or Nay?

I think they will hold him out because we usually err on the side of caution unless you are John Abraham playing vs. the Bucs....rolleyes.gif

I hope he goes and if it is up to him I think he will play.

Depends how he responds to treatment. I'm sure they will err on the side of caution...

My 2 cents. They are going to give him a limited practice to see how he responds. If he responds well, he'll get a full practice. If his ankle is sore after a full participation, sit him til TB. If it's not sore, play him.

I think he'll play this week. Honestly, I thought he was coming back in vs NO when I saw him on the sideline with the helmet on.

Great news!

If anything I wouldn't mind resting him for next week even if it is against a feisty Bengals defense. Don't want him to over-do-it and extra rest could be critical for him; especially since we'll be playing the Buccaneers just a few days later. Rest him against Cincy and let him play against TB, assuming that he's feeling good that Thursday.

With that said, will he go? Yay or Nay?

I think they will hold him out because we usually err on the side of caution unless you are John Abraham playing vs. the Bucs....rolleyes.gif

I hope he goes and if it is up to him I think he will play.

I believe it was Carolina when Smith played all the starters in that meaningless game. If there was ONE player to sit out it was Abe, our entire pass rush. But I didn't want any of the starters playing especially the good ones. A buddy came over and I told him I didn't want the starters playing. He was like it will be alright don't worry. Then Abe got hurt. I just left the room and took a shower. Was a pointless game anyway. Came back and asked my buddy if anyone else got hurt and he told me yes Roddy got hurt. He was messing with me but yeah the only reason to even watch that game was to see if anyone got hurt. Will never forgive Smith for that.