Mathews To Play Sunday Vs Bengals?

J-Wall

The Falcons know how valuable their asset Jake Matthews is. He is the future ANCHOR of the entire O-line.........a future HOF player.

They WILL NOT risk anything with him. TD probably has the best medical people in the Southeastern U.S. examining his foot this week.

They will make the proper decision.

The Falcons know how valuable their asset Jake Matthews is. He is the future ANCHOR of the entire O-line.........a future HOF player.

They WILL NOT risk anything with him. TD probably has the best medical people in the Southeastern U.S. examining his foot this week.

They will make the proper decision.

He's tough.

I hope that high ankle sprain doesn't linger like Roddy's did last year. Better to keep Matthews out if possible? It's a long season

The high ankle sprain report was speculation, not confirmed. The MRI came back negative. That means there isn't a sprain. He has a sore ankle. That would explain why he had his helmet on wanting to come back in. I think the coaches decided it wasn't worth the risk making it worse after Carimi and Holmes were holding up.

Mine is speculation as well. But sprains do show up in MRI's and the last report was negative. I suspect he pulled a muscle.