Ray Rice Released

Southsacfalcon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the video, I was appalled and disgusted. Did anybody see that he spit on her as she walked by to get on the elevator - she swatted at him then.

Then he flat out knocked her out - dragged her around getting her out - even kicked (very slightly) at her still body when trying to move her after he had her out.

Then when he flipped her around - the security guy had to keep the elevator from closing on her head.

It was unforgivably disgusting and I say Hurrah to the Ravens for manning up.

Yeah, that video was serious business. Props to the Ravens for releasing him. The Ravens have shown a lot of support for him and definitely stood behind him, but I guess they realized he lied to them when they saw the video.

How did Goodell not see this video(says he didn't) and if he did see it how did he only give 2 games suspension?

After watching the video, I was appalled and disgusted. Did anybody see that he spit on her as she walked by to get on the elevator - she swatted at him then.

Then he flat out knocked her out - dragged her around getting her out - even kicked (very slightly) at her still body when trying to move her after he had her out.

Then when he flipped her around - the security guy had to keep the elevator from closing on her head.

It was unforgivably disgusting and I say Hurrah to the Ravens for manning up.

Yea, that was pretty disturbing to watch

Ravens released RB Ray Rice.

The move comes hours after video surfaced of Rice's brutal February assault of his fiancée (and now wife). The Ravens had previously shown unconditional support for their longtime No. 1 back, but Yahoo's Dan Wetzel reports Rice's version of events "didn't match with the video." In other words, he lied to the team and commissioner Roger Goodell. It's still disconcerting that all parties involved knew Rice had knocked out his fiancée, but weren't sufficiently shocked until seeing the video. Considering the mounting outrage against the league's handling of domestic violence and Rice's declining on-field play, it's quite possible he's played his final NFL snap. The Ravens will roll with Justin Forsett and Bernard Pierce going forward. Forsett appears poised to carry the mail against the Steelers on Thursday.