Ravens Release Ray Rice

treefiddy

Your personal life may be personal, until you make it not personal and Joe Frazier your old lady in a hotel elevator where there are security cameras and people everywhere.

There is not enough damage control in this world to play this off.

Edited by Hopeless

The Ravens did what most will describe as the right thing by cutting running back Ray Rice after video emerged of the punch applied by Rice to his wife, Janay.

In hindsight, the Ravens arguably did the wrong thing by giving Rice a grossly front-loaded contract in July 2012.

In that month, the Ravens paid Rice $15 million to sign, along with a 2012 base salary of $2 million. He then received a $7 million option bonus last March, along with a $1 million 2013 base salary.

That’s a total of $25 million for only two years of football.

The Ravens won’t owe Rice anything for 2014, since he wasn’t active for Week One. But they’ll absorb a $4.75 million cap charge this year and $9.5 million in 2015 for the combined signing bonus and roster bonus.

Rice immediately becomes a free agent. But that won’t matter until he’s reinstated by the NFL. Which may not happen this year.

wow!

There's no way that Goodell didn't know about this video.

It's in a hotel elevator! If there was a video camera on the outside of the elevator there had to have been one on the inside!

Goodell had to have known about this...the man is a lawyer!

I believe Goodel's time,as NFL commissioner,coming to an end...and it can't come soon enough!

It's in a hotel elevator! If there was a video camera on the outside of the elevator there had to have been one on the inside!

I believe Goodel's time,as NFL commissioner,coming to an end...and it can't come soon enough!

On NFLN they said the video was suppressed by the court.

i wish, he is ruining the game, the rule I do not care for is this new ray rice rule... before i get slammed hear me out

first penalty 6 months, i'm all for it.

2nd penalty should be 1 year

3rd should be a ban.

granted domestic violence isn't something to play with and i hope this makes some of these guys wise up and rise up. <-- haha :)

but i believe it should be a 3 strike rule, same goes with illegal substances.

but im with you kevo i want goodell gone!

i wish, he is ruining the game, the rule I do not care for is this new ray rice rule... before i get slammed hear me out

first penalty 6 months, i'm all for it.

2nd penalty should be 1 year

3rd should be a ban.

granted domestic violence isn't something to play with and i hope this makes some of these guys wise up and rise up. <-- haha smile.png

but i believe it should be a 3 strike rule, same goes with illegal substances.

but im with you kevo i want goodell gone!

So you suggest 3 times that he has to get caught? In the confines of his own house with no one watching she can get her *** whipped unlimited amount of times?

Domestic violence usually gets worse and worse and worse over time. It can scar people for life.

But expecting to catch someone 3 times is unrealistic. If you wanna put a stop to it, make a example out of him now!

Not to mention he has cashed in on his front loaded contract and is set. The down side of front loading contracts is you pay upfront. That should be a rule as well. Dont allow cap manipulation of contracts by front loading them to avoid the cap. Also it stops teams from being put in this situation.

You wife may be onto something. But like Vick with dog fighting. You wanna stop it. Send a message to make sure everyone in the NFL knows it could be your last mistake and think twice before you do things.

So you suggest 3 times that he has to get caught? In the confines of his own house with no one watching she can get her *** whipped unlimited amount of times?

Domestic violence usually gets worse and worse and worse over time. It can scar people for life.

But expecting to catch someone 3 times is unrealistic. If you wanna put a stop to it, make a example out of him now!

Not to mention he has cashed in on his front loaded contract and is set. The down side of front loading contracts is you pay upfront. That should be a rule as well. Dont allow cap manipulation of contracts by front loading them to avoid the cap. Also it stops teams from being put in this situation.

You wife may be onto something. But like Vick with dog fighting. You wanna stop it. Send a message to make sure everyone in the NFL knows it could be your last mistake and think twice before you do things.

i'm just saying man, i agree domestic violence is nothing to be joked about, and you should make an example of someone sure. But the substance abuse policy is weak as water.

i'm just saying man, i agree domestic violence is nothing to be joked about, and you should make an example of someone sure. But the substance abuse policy is weak as water.

But thats just the way it is. Someone has to pay for substance abuse policing and even the Olympics cant get it right. To much involved with it. But thats just how it is. Hoping for that to get fixed will never happen. People will take drugs.

But thats just the way it is. Someone has to pay for substance abuse policing and even the Olympics cant get it right. To much involved with it. But thats just how it is. Hoping for that to get fixed will never happen. People will take drugs.

and people will beat their wives, but in the case of drugs you can ruin your own life and those around you, and you need help or have action taken against you.

You can have 'im. What a douchrag! Knocked her out cold with one punch...what a man.....little man. Dude needs to spend a few years locked up where he can try that on someone with the capacity to fight back and kick his narrow ***! He has NO business being allowed to play in the NFL. Boy, did Goodell **** this one up, or what?