Good Offense/bad Defense

Flyin' In DC

Combination of a few things:

1.) It was Drew Brees. We're not the first team he's shredded, and won't be the last.

2.) It was game 1. We have a lot of new pieces on that side of the ball, and will take some time to gel.

3.) As many have noted, our pass rush is a real concern.

We don't need our D to shutdown every team. We just need them to not give up 34 points.

Combination of a few things:

1.) It was Drew Brees. We're not the first team he's shredded, and won't be the last.

2.) It was game 1. We have a lot of new pieces on that side of the ball, and will take some time to gel.

3.) As many have noted, our pass rush is a real concern.

We don't need our D to shutdown every team. We just need them to not give up 34 points.

Brees had an average to slightly below average game for Brees. Literally, if you base the average on last year. Same attempts, completions, yards, less td ...

I think despite the score, the defense played fairly well. There were a number of passes defended that could have gone for big yards. Some of them resulted in penalties on us, but I'd rather see us take a chance on making a play and drawing a flag instead of giving up a huge completion.

If we keep getting those tipped passes, more of them are gonna end up being INTs

To me for our Defense to be as unorganized as it is, for us to have played as well as we did yesterday was doing good. On a different day Brees and the Saints could have put up 40-50 points on a defense around the same level better/worse/same as ours. I think for us to have only gotten beaten on the run, and to have taken away an interception and fumble shows that we aren't garbage, we just need work stopping the run. But against someone like Peyton Manning, if we can stop what limited run they do have, and force him to hit Alford and Trufant, eventually those guys will step up somehow.