Begrudging Praise For "matty Melt" On Saintsreport.com

g-dawg

http://saintsreport....1/#.VA3PV_ldXkU

• I am curious if he has progressed and peaked finally? He looked like a totally different QB than what we are used to seeing from him. Sometimes a player finally comes into their own...maybe we saw that with Matty Ryan against our Saints Sunday?He was shifty...very accurate and made great decisions. Honest thoughts?
  • He's better than average, but I'm not gonna tag him elite or anything.
  • That was a great gameplan execution. Exploit the D's weaknesses with their 3/4/5th options...and come back to #1 if The Prob is covering.
  • No, it wasn't just the D. The OP is correct...Ryan was very deliberate with his passes. They arrived without hesitation and hit WR in their hands regardless the route they ran, even the incompleted passes. He has some but to chew as well with his WRs letting balls go right through their hands.
  • Disagree. We got burned by Harry Douglass and Devin Hester (DEVIN FREAKIN HESTER) just as much as Roddy and Julio. Ryan was throwing to wide open receivers all day. Players could have played 110% and still given up 500+ yards when the plays called by Rob Ryan don't work -- and none of them will work if we can't reach the QB with the front four.
  • Objectively, he played a phenomenal game. His anticipation of where his Wide receivers were gonna be was the best I have ever seen. Sometime in the third quarter our linebacker blitzed and had a bead on Ryan. He released the ball well before his receiver made his cut and when the receiver came open on the cut the ball was right there. Quite Brees like if you ask me. It tells me that he has worked with his receivers a ton to have that kind of timing. He had a great game, but I would think about 200 yards of his effort came from yards after the catch. Our guys could not tackle to save their life yesterday! That and the Zone was getting chewed alive. Their Wide receivers found hole after hole to settle into for long completions. Defense disgusted me.
  • Matt Ryan looked like a different QB out there. He carved the defense like a turkey. His es capability was 100% improved.I understand now why Mike Smith said on SiriusXM that Matt Ryan had a better physical makeup this year. Much better feet, great zip on his throws
  • Matt Ryan isn't as bad of a QB as most homers here want to think he is. But he's not top 5.
  • He's always been in that next group after the big four. Give a guy like that all day and he'll light you up.
  • Admitting Ryan is a good QB isn't sacrilege. Is he top 5? No, but he's clearly above the Tony Romos of the league. Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, Foles are solid, good QBs.
  • If I take off my Saints tinted glasses. He looked really good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ryan continues to play like this he's certainly in the top 5 QBs in the league which are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan in no particular order. Matt Ryan played better than every QB in the league yesterday.

career-wise, Tom Brady is arguably the best ever - however, RIGHT NOW, I think Matt is better than Sir Brady - who looks to be somewhat in decline - granted, he has almost no weapons - Belicheck is not helping his QB.

If Ryan continues to play like this he's certainly in the top 5 QBs in the league which are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan in no particular order. Matt Ryan played better than every QB in the league yesterday.

Interesting QB list you offered........LOL.

Week 1 :

Brady - LOST

Rodgers - LOST

Brees - LOST

He outplayed Brees, but they'd rather throw their super star D and super star D coordinator under the bus than give the man his dues.

Sucks for them that Brees has already peaked, not Ryan.

Brees was such an *** about this too in postgame interview...

To paraphrase he said, "when I looked at the stat sheet, both sides were practically identical, in every category..."

-- To an extent this is relatively true, he was right.

EXCEPT, Ryan outplayed you in and out and around every time he touched the ball.

Ryan played nearly a flawless game while Brees had good plays and moments, but overall, Brees made too many mistakes.

Be man enough to give the other side due credit you self-centered f***

after watching rodgers be afraid to throw toward Sherman last thursday, I don't know if I can honestly continue to put him up there with Brady and Manning. IMO GB has fallen off drastically the last couple of years, if they don't get their line fixed and find some D, they could fall by the wayside.

wait, does that sound too familiar for comfort?

To paraphrase he said, "when I looked at the stat sheet, both sides were practically identical, in every category..."

EXCEPT, Ryan outplayed you in and out and around every time he touched the ball.

Ryan played nearly a flawless game while Brees had good plays and moments, but overall, Brees made too many mistakes.

Just fuel for December.

He outplayed Brees, but they'd rather throw their super star D and super star D coordinator under the bus than give the man his dues.

Sucks for them that Brees has already peaked, not Ryan.

That's the heart of it right there. If Saints fans don't yet realize they're on the downstroke, they will soon.

Both sides were practically identical, and Ryan didn't outplay Brees, he outplayed the Saints D.

Brees had one interception. The biggest difference in the stat sheet? Ryan's 3TDs to Brees 1 TD. Ryan threw 2 TDs from inside the 5 where as The Saints had 3 rushing TDs from inside the 5.

Both QBs played phenomenal. Brees has plenty of respect for Ryan, and you hear it every time he talks about him.

Oh Brees....

"We should have scored more points and that's on us."

Usually he will say something about the other team playing well and such along with them making mistakes but none of that.

I guess I should take solace in taking Brees out of his normal post game interview talk. He was pissed off at us and I love it. I wanna piss him off more.

Both sides were practically identical, and Ryan didn't outplay Brees, he outplayed the Saints D.

Brees had one interception. The biggest difference in the stat sheet? Ryan's 3TDs to Brees 1 TD. Ryan threw 2 TDs from inside the 5 where as The Saints had 3 rushing TDs from inside the 5.

Both QBs played phenomenal. Brees has plenty of respect for Ryan, and you hear it every time he talks about him.

Nah Ryan outplayed Brees yesterday. We talking about yesterday and Ryan outplayed Brees. It wasn't even close.

Only one more pass attempt and over 100 more yards passing

Matter of fact the Saints defense has been better as of recent history. Was claimed to be better by yourself and others all week long.

So even if you want to call the Saints defense and ours even, its still the same.

Oan: I still think Trufant is better than Lewis, although Lewis played well. Only 2 passes thrown Trufant's way, no catches and no penalties. Just a lil dig from our prior convo

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Nah Ryan outplayed Brees yesterday. We talking about yesterday and Ryan outplayed Brees. It wasn't even close.

And again, I say, Ryan outplayed the Saints D, not Brees. At the end of the day the Falcons had 3 more points from those extra 100 yards. Brees played great. Ryan played great.

Matter of fact the Saints defense has been better as of recent history. Was claimed to be better by yourself and others all week long.

So even if you want to call the Saints defense and ours even, its still the same.

Oan: I still think Trufant is better than Lewis, although Lewis played well. Only 2 passes thrown Trufant's way, no catches and no penalties. Just a lil dig from our prior convo

Falcons found mismatches and exploited them. I'm not sure what more you want me to say lol. He had 2 and 3 receivers running open on what seemed like every play. His pocket presence was fantastic! If he maneuvers in the pocket like that all year, that will be a huge jump forward in his progression as a QB. His footwork was amazing.

I think Trufant is a very good corner. I also think Lewis is a very good corner. Trufant made a couple nice plays on a couple balls. He had 2 pass deflections if I remember correctly. He did give up a catch to Jimmy Graham late in the game when Brees scrambled to that side and Jimmy broke off his route for the completion.

is the sig a result of your bet with Monoxide? if so, u cats make this place a riot to be on!!! way to man up brah!!

Brees is a badass, no doubt. but his interception was costly for your team. that one mistake put him at being outplayed by Ryan yesterday. but GREAT play by both QBs!!!

Falcons found mismatches and exploited them. I'm not sure what more you want me to say lol. He had 2 and 3 receivers running open on what seemed like every play. His pocket presence was fantastic! If he maneuvers in the pocket like that all year, that will be a huge jump forward in his progression as a QB. His footwork was amazing.

I think Trufant is a very good corner. I also think Lewis is a very good corner. Trufant made a couple nice plays on a couple balls. He had 2 pass deflections if I remember correctly. He did give up a catch to Jimmy Graham late in the game when Brees scrambled to that side and Jimmy broke off his route for the completion.

That's what you're supposed to do. I'm not saying Brees didn't play great. He played great absolutely but Ryan played better in EVERY stat line, he played better.

He is supposed to play against the defense he is facing. What do you want him to do? Put Brees on defense and see if he can complete a pass?

In a game like this where you have two great QBs, then you put them against eachother.

Matt Ryan made more plays than Brees to ensure a win. As someone mentioned above, the interception ensured that. That int was nobody's fault but Brees.

You've been a solid Saints fan to deal with on this MB. It's ok to admit Brees was outplayed by Ryan, although both played great.

Edited by ATLFalcons11