Quick Hits - Falcons Saints

richardc

My quick hits on the game:

1. Wow, what a game. This will go down in Falcon's history. This game meant more than just the first game of the season, the rivalry, the bounceback, the new attitude, the Hard Knocks. This was all that and more rolled into one game.

2. Playmakers - We are soooo loaded on offense. We just put every team on our schedule on notice. We could possibly make it to the bye week without a loss.

3. Competition - We hate the Saints, but we all know they are a VERY good team top to bottom. We outplayed and in some cases made them look silly (Antone and 'Quizz). The Falcons were down and they rose up and took the game from the Saints.

4. O-Line - Very Very Very concerned about the O-line now. We are at the end of game 1 and we have lost our #1 and #2 LT, our #1 Rt and are playing our #2 and #3 at lt and rt.

5. Corner Backs - They played their behinds off. Great plays on the ball when Saints went deep. Great play all day.

6. Run D - There was some time in the end of the 3rd qtr and start of the 4th qtr where they gashed us on a few runs, but overall we were solid against the run.

7. Record - Not only are we 1-0, but the saints are now 0-1. It's like a double win!

Our pass rush will develop I believe. Luckily we don't play Brees all 16 games. We can blitz other teams.

My quick hits on the game:

1. Wow, what a game. This will go down in Falcon's history. This game meant more than just the first game of the season, the rivalry, the bounceback, the new attitude, the Hard Knocks. This was all that and more rolled into one game.

2. Playmakers - We are soooo loaded on offense. We just put every team on our schedule on notice. We could possibly make it to the bye week without a loss.

3. Competition - We hate the Saints, but we all know they are a VERY good team top to bottom. We outplayed and in some cases made them look silly (Antone and 'Quizz). The Falcons were down and they rose up and took the game from the Saints.

4. O-Line - Very Very Very concerned about the O-line now. We are at the end of game 1 and we have lost our #1 and #2 LT, our #1 Rt and are playing our #2 and #3 at lt and rt.

5. Corner Backs - They played their behinds off. Great plays on the ball when Saints went deep. Great play all day.

6. Run D - There was some time in the end of the 3rd qtr and start of the 4th qtr where they gashed us on a few runs, but overall we were solid against the run.

7. Record - Not only are we 1-0, but the saints are now 0-1. It's like a double win!

Our pass rush will develop I believe. Luckily we don't play Brees all 16 games. We can blitz other teams.

Actually, I am extremely optimistic about the o-line.

Matthews injury doesn't appear to be serious and, (BIG knock on wood), it looks like we might actually have decent o-line depth because I thought it was OVER when Matthews went out.