Ray Rice Video

joe horn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks bad for the league all ways:

1.If they claim they didn't see it, it shows poor investigative skills on the part of Goodell and the NFL and that they're pretty incompetent

2.If they claim they saw it and only gave him two games....they're ******* idiots and are gonna get jumped on by everyone

3.If they suspend him further games after the video had just came out, they admit to their own mistake and probably **** up some kind of their own policing regarding suspensions

Summary: They have no way out of this that isn't messy

Dude should be cut immediately. His career should be over.

If the guy on the cowboys who killed his freind in the dui crash, who got a slap on the wrist is allowed to return this year. They will allow Rice to return or some team will sign him.

NFL nor the NFLPA has any balls to enforce any career ending punishments. Its disturbing.

Throughout the waves of negative publicity created by punching his wife in the face, Ray Rice has always been able to count on the Ravens for support.

Fans gave him a standing ovation at practice. The team’s PR director wrote a 1,200-word essay on what a great guy Rice was. Coach John Harbaugh said he was proud of the way Rice had handled it (though not proud of the act).

But some of that backing may be slipping away.

A Ravens player told Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report that any support Rice had in the locker room had evaporated.

I don’t think he has very much support now at all,” the player texted. “I think it’s gone.”

The player said Rice told teammates initially that he was defending himself from an attacking Janay Palmer — such that that matters — and the video released this morning contradicts that flimsy attempt at justification.

We’ve already seen a number of players on other teams come out firing after the video of him dropping his wife with one punch emerged.

But if his own guys are turning their backs on him, it might be hard for him to continue.

her aggressiveness toward him makes him hitting her maybe warranted or maybe not, not sure if she charged him or not.

His behavior after knocking her out though is disgusting and he should be removed from the league permanently. He was heartless and could have cared less for her safety, her **** neck could of been broken..

Unless she has a gun or a knife, there is absolutely no reason to hit a woman like that. ESPECIALLY a jacked up NFL player whose living is about being strong and dishing out damage/taking damage. In most states, they have a clause that says if you have martial arts training up to a certain level, you are considered a dangerous weapon and have to show more restraint than the average person. I am thinking NFL players should have the same clause...

So looking forward, how screwed are McDonald and Hardy, pending legal decisions?

Very.. Hardy has a legit case for "Just restraining her from tearing up my house and trying to injure me (from his 911 call, she was throwing stuff and seemed to be using her high heels as a weapon)"... but... if the jury comes back guilty... he is toast....no doubt in my mind.

Rice's woman wasn't even really going after him, he just knocked her out......that's a woman that I don't pity, I don't feel bad for... and I don't respect... she freaking marries that guy...and claims it was as much her fault as his fault.. ******* that was a hard blow to the head. I'm sure her parents are proud that she stuck up for the guy and married him.

Battered wives make apologies for their husbands that abuse them, been happening since the dawn of time. They lose all perspective to make rational decisions. What she should have done is divorce his arse and take all his money.

Its just ridiculous...and I wonder about the guy out there who sees him dragging her. It might get me killed one day, but you better believe if I see a man dragging a woman like that I am stopping and asking a crap ton of questions, plus probably calling the police.

Anyone who thinks hitting a woman is acceptable unless protecting their lives or trying to stop something bad from happening is acceptable is part of the problem of domestic abuse.

The men who do this are cowards and bullies and deserve to see what real bullying is like in prison...

A car crash is far different from laying your woman out. One was a dumb accident, the other premeditated. And I'm not excusing the death of the auto victim. Rice should be cut immediately.

I know you said that you are not excusing the death of the auto victim, but please come into the 21st century with the rest of us.

A DUI is premeditated.

NO 200 lb man in the prime of his life goes beyond the legal limit by accident.

The dangers of drunken driving are known to all who have been issued a license to drive in any state of the US.

Drunken Driving is not an accident. Its a criminal act against random victims. Killing somebody just exacerbates the initial infraction.

Battered wives make apologies for their husbands that abuse them, been happening since the dawn of time. They lose all perspective to make rational decisions. What she should have done is divorce his arse and take all his money.

She probably won't divorce him... and I doubt that is the first time that has happened to her with him.. She one of the meek wallflowers with daddy issues....that believes everything is her fault...and women like that irk me to no end. It irks me they get so caught up in the fantasy of being able to change their men that they truly believe everything is their fault. Irks me even more that if someone tried to help them........those women would throw you or anyone under the bus in a heartbeat if it meant protecting their abusive men.

Can't link it from my phone but it's on TMZ and it is beyond ****** up. Goodell got some splainin to do.

Tons of fans and media down here are insisting Goodell resign as NFL Commissioner. I don't see the arrogant p.o.s. doing it, unless the public outcry gets so great the owners can his sorry ***, which I can see happening. So on any public forum you can find let your disgust with this a-hole be known...LOUDLY!

He won't! No way! The owners are gonna have to step in and can him.

And they wont. Its about TV deals and $$$$, they wanna even charge the super bowl half time talent for $$$.

Its all about the $$$ and the dont really care about the drama as long as its not their team with the drama.

I like the way the steelers coach answered the question about Rice. He is a hometown guy so ive always kinda homered for him though. But he shuts that crap down. The pats coach is great at handling the media and if anyone signs Rice it would probably be the pats next year dirt cheap.

But owners want nothing to do with drama and they pass the buck on it. Then you got ol jerry Jones who cant stay out the spot light. he gives owners and GM a bad name and proves its nothing but $$$. He doesnt care if your a thug as long as you can fill a spot on the roster.