After Game One, Predict Our Final Record

Sergeant

So now that we've seen the Falcons play a real game, with real intensity and game planning, how good do you REALLY think they'll be this year? Before the season, we weren't sure how much the offseason helped, but obviously after playing a top 10 team (who is also our biggest rival) and coming away with a W, that speaks wonders on how much we've improved since last season.

Personally, I think we go 12-4. Our schedule isn't that tough going forward. Hardest games will be our divisional games, detroit, arizona, and green bay.

What do you think?

What would you propose to get a pass rush going? Trade?

I think we need to evaluate the Biermann situation. If he can't get the pressure we desire out of him on certain plays, then we need to see if someone else can. Our interior line is looking stout IMO, so I'd say it falls more on the DEs.

What would you propose to get a pass rush going? Trade?

Trade for Justin Houston. Give them anything besides a 1st.

What he said. They might be willing to after the two major injuries today. TD just needs to work some magic. What we have now is probably not going to cut it. We have to get to the QB.

If we could make a straight up swap of our 2015 1st for Houston I would jump on that in a heartbeat if I were Dimitroff.

I might be okay with it. I will have my reservations at first. I can guarantee that if and when he gets here and starts hitting the QB I will own up and say it was worth it.

If we could make a straight up swap of our 2015 1st for Houston I would jump on that in a heartbeat if I were Dimitroff.

That is a steep price though. Give them two 2nds and call it a deal. I am just afraid of giving that 1st up and not knowing what may happen. You never know, we could be in place to grab a player like Gurley.

I'd have to sit on that and think about it.

That is a steep price though. Give them two 2nds and call it a deal. I am just afraid of giving that 1st up and not knowing what may happen. You never know, we could be in place to grab a player like Gurley.

I'd have to sit on that and think about it.

We don't need Gurley. We have more than enough skill position talent on offense, and offense isn't this team's problem anyway. Houston is only 25, he has proven himself capable of playing at an elite level in this league, and he fills the most glaring hole on the roster. The only downside I could see is that he signs a big money contract and proceeds to "retire" ala Ray Edwards.

We don't need Gurley. We have more than enough skill position talent on offense, and offense isn't this team's problem anyway. Houston is only 25, he has proven himself capable of playing at an elite level in this league, and he fills the most glaring hole on the roster. The only downside I could see is that he signs a big money contract and proceeds to "retire" ala Ray Edwards.

Gurley would be hard to pass on though. But I see where you're coming from. That's honestly my only concern about Houston. With our history involving Edwards I'm kind of weary but I feel like Houston is a way better player. Still makes me nervous though.