Breesushchrist Here

BreesusHChrist

I've been coming here for a couple years after a win, after a loss, and some in between. So, I will gladly come in and give my 2 cents if you will have me.

Uggghhh, where do I start?? Let's start with your Oline. I guess Mike Tice gets a ton of credit here. On paper, it's a patchwork line, especially when Matthews went down (hope it's not serious btw). Our Dline is very good and I'm sure you all will agree. It seemed like we were so close getting to Ryan. They did just enough to hold us off and played great. They don't all of a sudden get that good. Tice must have spent some time with these guys in the offseason and it showed. Great hire there.

This leads me to Matt Ryan. His pocket awareness was excellent today. He escaped ALL of our pressure and made the most of what was given to him on particular plays. Maybe he made your Oline look great, I don't know. He was accurate, quick, and smart. He kept it away from Vacarro and Byrd to the point where I hardly heard their names called. I don't know why we played so much zone but, he picked it apart. I was disgusted with our secondary but impressed with Ryan. Kudos to him. It hurts me to say, he is elite.

Wide Receivers...Wow! Last year was obviously just a fluke, injury riddled year. Julio was quick, Roddy was running solid routes, Harry was Harry, and now Hester. He must be happy to be with a good qb now cuz he looked like a different receiver. I also noticed your wr's blocked their arse's off downfield. Hopefully next time around, we have a better plan in place for these guys.

Dline...The pass rush is your only weakness right now. The big guys you brought in really helped your run D tho. Good offseason moves there. I can honestly say, I didn't think they would mount to much but they played solid.

The Db's were great, especially on the long ball. We couldn't get that going and much of that was due to Trufant. Kid can play.

Last but not least...Matt Bryant. Jesus Holy #$*€, This guy has balls of steel!!! He's is definitely one of the top 3 kickers in this league. Dude broke my heart tonight.

With all that said, I'm not too disappointed in this loss. Once I remembered how you guys were before last year, it didn't hurt so much. We will be alright and still think we have a good opportunity this year. The only problem is I think y'all do too.

You guys have a lot to be happy about as your team is back. Congratulations fellas.

ETA: Monoxide, I bet you are kicking yourself not taking my bet also. I'm glad you didn't. Lol!!

Edited by BreesusHChrist

I've been coming here for a couple years after a win, after a loss, and some in between. So, I will gladly come in and give my 2 cents if you will have me.

Uggghhh, where do I start?? Let's start with your Oline. I guess Mike Tice gets a ton of credit here. On paper, it's a patchwork line, especially when Matthews went down (hope it's not serious btw). Our Dline is very good and I'm sure you all will agree. It seemed like we were so close getting to Ryan. They did just enough to hold us off and played great. They don't all of a sudden get that good. Tice must have spent some time with these guys in the offseason and it showed. Great hire there.

This leads me to Matt Ryan. His pocket awareness was excellent today. He escaped ALL of our pressure and made the most of what was given to him on particular plays. Maybe he made your Oline look great, I don't know. He was accurate, quick, and smart. He kept it away from Vacarro and Byrd to the point where I hardly heard their names called. I don't know why we played so much zone but, he picked it apart. I was disgusted with our secondary but impressed with Ryan. Kudos to him. It hurts me to say, he is elite.

Wide Receivers...Wow! Last year was obviously just a fluke, injury riddled year. Julio was quick, Roddy was running solid routes, Harry was Harry, and now Hester. He must be happy to be with a good qb now cuz he looked like a different receiver. I also noticed your wr's blocked their arse's off downfield. Hopefully next time around, we have a better plan in place for these guys.

Dline...The pass rush is your only weakness right now. The big guys you brought in really helped your run D tho. Good offseason moves there. I can honestly say, I didn't think they would mount to much but they played solid.

The Db's were great, especially on the long ball. We couldn't get that going and much of that was due to Trufant. Kid can play.

Last but not least...Matt Bryant. Jesus Holy #$*€, This guy has balls of steel!!! He's is definitely one of the top 3 kickers in this league. Dude broke my heart tonight.

With all that said, I'm not too disappointed in this loss. Once I remembered how you guys were before last year, it didn't hurt so much. We will be alright and still think we have a good opportunity this year. The only problem is I think y'all do too.

You guys have a lot to be happy about as your team is back. Congratulations fellas.

Classy posts like this make me so internally conflicted. On the one hand, you seem to be a classy and thoughtful individual. On the other hand, you're a Saints fan. Hopefully the solution to this riddle is at the bottom of this bottle, because today is a day of celebration around here.

Seems like Mathews injury wasn't too bad, and both teams came out pretty healthy. Here's to an injury free year for your boys and a good meaningful game in December.

Another classy post from a Saints fan. Like I mentioned in another thread you guys have been incredibly polite and respectful for the most part compared to years passed. I think you guys are making your team look better in the process. What a great rivalry we have. If only the national media would take notice and give it its fair recognition.

Thanks again for your props and feedback.

-Tuggle

Thanks for the objective post.If it makes you feel better my first thought on our offense was "Holy **** we look like the Saints before they got Graham".

Another classy post from a Saints fan. Like I mentioned in another thread you guys have been incredibly polite and respectful for the most part compared to years passed. I think you guys are making your team look better in the process. What a great rivalry we have. If only the national media would take notice and give it its fair recognition.

Thanks again for your props and feedback.

-Tuggle

The league has to take notice. They were starting to recognize before last year. No doubt it will be a much hyped rivalry soon.

The league has to take notice. They were starting to recognize before last year. No doubt it will be a much hyped rivalry soon.

Look at the last several years.They can't help but take notice because they make for great TV.I personally hate them because I'm pretty sure each one takes a year off of my life.I'm like Fred Sanford every **** game we play.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. .

I am very happy with this winand I will see Ryan and the office look pretty goodbut the lack of the pass rush still scares me someyou cannot give a quarterback like Drew that much time and expect to win every game

these two teams always play close an exciting game so here's to looking forward to the next rematch

Look at the last several years.They can't help but take notice because they make for great TV.I personally hate them because I'm pretty sure each one takes a year off of my life.I'm like Fred Sanford every **** game we play.

Tell me about it!! I'm in pretty good shape but literally had chest pains in the 4th qtr. It actually crossed my mind that I may be having a heart attack. Thank god it was just gas.

I usually leave the room on kicks to win the game but I was positive Bryant couldn't do that twice. Wrong!!