Is It Actually The Td Detractors Who Have Been Dimitoff'd? He Who Laughs Last.....

gazoo

TD has taken an awful lot of heat for allegedly drafting poorly, but just today many of the picks he's been blasted for missing on, heavily criticized for taking or many of the picks just this latest draft are contributed to our win today, not to mention several great free agent pickups we got for nothing.

Freeman, 4th round - he had a KEY first down on a play he made himself

Alford, bottom of 2nd round - Supposedly we reached for him....remember how TD has been criticized for this? Alford played outstanding today and is proving that was no reach, that was a brilliant value.

Levine Toilolo, late 4th round pick - 3 catches, 19 yards, had a TD catch and a key block to spring another TD today

Quizz Rodgers, 5th round pick - Made a spectacular TD run after getting hit...it was all Quizz on that play

Joe Hawley, 4th round pick. This dude was all over the place today making second level blocks, didn't allow pressure on passing downs and did a great job lining everyone up....he had blood all over his leg after the game. TD was blasted for picking him up until now.

Lamar Holmes, Bottom of Round 3 - Holmes is the real deal, and up until now TD has been blasted for picking him

Harry Douglas, 3rd round pick - 6 catches, 69 yards today, huge factor in our win

Stanley Maponga, 5th round pick- starting to flash this year

Malliciah Goodman, 3rd round pick- starting to flash enough to have several posters demand he get more playing time

Jonathan Massaquoi, 5th round draft pick - Dude got some pressure today and had a couple of key tackles

Kroy Beirmann, 5th round pick. Say what you want, he played a good game today

Matt Bosher, 6th round pick.

Antone Smith, Carimi, McClain Bartu, and Worrilow......All key contributors today. TD found these guys and brought them in, he has to get credit for finding gems like this that cost us NOTHING

Now that many of TDs acquisitions have had some time to develop, things look a little different.

Oh yeah, let's not forget it was TD who picked Matt Ryan, who also has some modest contributions in today's win :)

What so they all suddenly developed over this off season? A lot of those guys have been contributing. And I will give Dimi credit (or is it really Tice?) for some of the perceived OL development this year. But the fact of the matter is our ONLY pass rush today came from Babs, who was drafted by McKay.

It was a good win and I don't wanna split hairs here. We should enjoy it. But one win doesn't suddenly validate Dimitroff. Don't try to act like it does. He's been pretty good with skill players, and he's made some shrewd trade and FA moves, but has been woefully inept at drafting for the trenches on both sides of the ball. For years.

I've always said TD's picks will be held back without better coaching. The OL is prime example of that. Holmes went from pure shlt to pretty good overnight because of coaching.

A GM's job is to pick players based on the potential they see. The coaching staff has to see the same potential and coach them up to it.

What so they all suddenly developed over this off season? A lot of those guys have been contributing. And I will give Dimi credit (or is it really Tice?) for some of the perceived OL development this year. But the fact of the matter is our ONLY pass rush today came from Babs, who was drafted by McKay.

It was a good win and I don't wanna split hairs here. We should enjoy it. But one win doesn't suddenly validate Dimitroff. Don't try to act like it does. He's been pretty good with skill players, and he's made some shrewd trade and FA moves, but has been woefully inept at drafting for the trenches on both sides of the ball. For years.

I agree. 7 years with out a drafted 10sack pass rusher or dominate DT or dominate ILB for TD with a "defensive minded" coach. Offensively he's done well. Jury is still way out on the oline.

We gave up 34 points at home. No pass for me. Good GMs draft well on both sides.

I've always said TD's picks will be held back without better coaching. The OL is prime example of that. Holmes went from pure shlt to pretty good overnight because of coaching.

A GM's job is to pick players based on the potential they see. The coaching staff has to see the same potential and coach them up to it.

good point vel, there is no question Tice and Cox have made a difference. Tice has really helped bring out the best in Holmes, Hawley, Mathews looks phenomenal and even guys like Carimi are producing.

I agree. 7 years with out a drafted 10sack pass rusher or dominate DT or dominate ILB for TD with a "defensive minded" coach. Offensively he's done well. Jury is still way out on the oline.

We gave up 34 points at home. No pass for me. Good GMs draft well on both sides.

No doubt one of the guys who was probably slamming TD for picking Alford, Ryan, Holmes, Hawley, Trufant, etc.....how's that crow tasting?

No doubt one of the guys who was probably slamming TD for picking Alford, Ryan, Holmes, Hawley, Trufant, etc.....how's that crow tasting?

Never man. I loved those secondary pics. I'm a defensive minded guy. Lack of pics panning out on that side doesn't deserve a pass. I know it may seem negative but I can have a different opinion without having to eat crow.

You didn't name one person in your rebuttal that even got close to Bree's tonight. I love my falcons but I can be real too. 34 points and no sacks man.

I still respect you as a legend poster on here. Much respect to you.

Never man. I loved those secondary pics. I'm a defensive minded guy. Lack of pics panning out on that side doesn't deserve a pass. I know it may seem negative but I can have a different opinion without having to eat crow.

You didn't name one person in your rebuttal that even got close to Bree's tonight. I love my falcons but I can be real too. 34 points and no sacks man.

I still respect you as a legend poster on here. Much respect to you.

GleasonForever,We are in agreement we need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball.

I saw Brees get hit right after releasing the ball in the first half by possibly Babs, I couldn't tell because they cut away too fact, but he did get hit. In the second half he was getting hit a couple of times and had that sack that was called back due to penalty. Every NFL team has a weakness, pass rush is our weakness. Therefore, I agree we do need an edge rusher (Osi was nowhere to be found) but I think those two CBs are going to be the start of something good. Hageman I think is going to be a dominating DL whether he plays DT or DE.For such a high octane defense we played ok on defense.

The Saints are going to be the best offense we face, so I keep that in mind when assessing today's defensive performance. We are also a team built for offensive superpower so many of our resources have gone to that side of the ball, and what we just did to the NFLs 4th ranked defense last year was remarkable.

The Saints are a veteran well oiled high powered veteran team, the Falcons have way more new pieces, including new DL and OL coaches, we made way more mistakes and STILL beat them. We clean up these mistakes and penalties, get all these new starters on the same page and TD will have built a team good enough to go all the way IMO.

Im not disagreeing but Hawley, Holmes, and bosher are really the only picks that were complained about.

Idk anyone that thought Alford was a reach. He was supposed to go in the first. Quiz wasn't supposed to last that long either. HD was just kind of " well alright then".

You didnt list the players TD catches flack for lol

Im not disagreeing but Hawley, Holmes, and bosher are really the only picks that were complained about.

Idk anyone that thought Alford was a reach. He was supposed to go in the first. Quiz wasn't supposed to last that long either. HD was just kind of " well alright then".

You didnt list the players TD catches flack for lol

WOR, I was including not just picks he was criticized for, but the overall criticism of him not being able to find players to help us in the middle rounds. Many of these middle round players are developing now and making important contributions. I honestly think after what I saw today, after all those miscues from all the new starters and coaches, to come out and beat that well oiled veteran powerhouse means to me, we have a potential Super Bowl winning quality level team. We clean up these mistakes and the sky is the limit. We are an offensive powerhouse, our defense just has to be solid and we can go all the way.

......and folks, don't take this post the wrong way, of course TD has blown it on some picks, just like every other GM has. My point is that many of the criticisms of TDs picks have turned out to be wrong, or the general criticism that his middle round picks are mostly misses.......many of them are now producing and he's put together a heck of a roster with some quality depth. For instance, we lost both Mathews and Baker and still had the depth to protect Ryan. Look at the depth at RB.

I agree with all of this except the whole Clowney thing. There is no way to know when a player will get injured. Clowney has just as much of a chance to get hurt as anyone else. If you think Clowney would have been a bad pick you are insane. Truth be told Carimi did just fine at LT. I am not saying I want it changed but to assume Clowney would have been a bad choice is ignorant.

I agree with all of this except the whole Clowney thing. There is no way to know when a player will get injured. Clowney has just as much of a chance to get hurt as anyone else. If you think Clowney would have been a bad pick you are insane. Truth be told Carimi did just fine at LT. I am not saying I want it changed but to assume Clowney would have been a bad choice is ignorant.

He was injuried all season his last year in college then also said he won't have any surgery until after his rookie season. If you didn't know he wasn't gonna make it thru an entire nfl season then shame on you. He may as well get both the surgeries done now.