Matt Ryan Is Top 5 No Question

JermareATL

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388688/article/quarterback-index-ranking-the-starters-132

That idiot Greg Rosenthal has him ranked #10 behind Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, Big Ben and Russell Wilson. What a joke. I'll give you Big Ben, even though I'd disagree, but none of those other QB's are better than Matt, period. Phillip Rivers continually lost games for his team in a Tony Romo like fashion before having a fluky good year in 2013. Cam Newton is extremely talented, but his level of play is simply above average. Russell Wilson, as much as I love him, is overrated. He's perfect at being efficient, but he's not a game changer. He's Alex Smith with a much better team around him. Andrew Luck is also overrated. It's like people are ranking Luck based on what they expect him to be rather than what he has shown to be. Andrew Luck could be the next Peyton Manning, but at least wait for it to happen.

Matt Ryan has consistently been a great QB for his whole career and he's in his prime. He's a game changer with stats comparable to the "elite 4." I hope this game opened people's eyes. Matt's performance didn't surprise me at all. It's what he does. It feels good having one of the few elite QB's in the NFL.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton is surefire better, but I think after this season it might be hard to put anyone else over Ryan.

Brees was outplayed. Rodgers doesn't look the same and without his oline he might have a rough year. Brady looks to be on a real downtrend.

I think Big Ben is underrated though and belongs in top 5 talk.

But yeah, no doubt Ryan is gonna be a top 5 guy this year

I have felt since 2012 he was top 5-6. I will give you the big 4 though Rodgers has struggled some lately, same for Brady, and Brees is a mess if you can pressure him.

After that, I would put Ryan. Just like Jaws had him #4 after 2012. I know Ben/Eli has the SB rings, and Rivers is very good too but I put Ryan over both of them. The argument can be made for Luck and I won't argue against it. R. Wilson makes plays and can be special too.

Hopefully the offense can keep this up and Matt will get all the respect he deserves.

Peyton

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

Those are the only tier one QBs. The best of the best. They have at least 1 SB win and SB MVP trophy.

Ryan is a tier 2 QB..to be ELITE he HAS to lead his team to a SB win. I love Ryan but he IS 1-4 in the playoffs

This having to win a super bowl crap is dumb.

It's a team game. He puts up elite stats every season. He's elite.

Simple as that buddy.

Peyton

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

Those are the only tier one QBs. The best of the best. They have at least 1 SB win and SB MVP trophy.

Ryan is a tier 2 QB..to be ELITE he HAS to lead his team to a SB win. I love Ryan but he IS 1-4 in the playoffs

Dumbest post ever. -1

By that logic, Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino. GTFOH

Ryan over Big Ben? Big Ben has 2 rings and an MVP trophy and multiple seasons of 4,000 yds. Sorry.. love Ryan but Big Ben is better.

Big Ben has 3 LOW 4000 yard seasons and a SUPERBOWL MVP not an MVP.

He's good. He's underrated.

He's not better than Matt Ryan.

He's played behind some AMAZING defenses.

2013 wasn't a fluke for Rivers. Check out his career. He can ball

I'm very well aware of Phillip Rivers' career. He has a bunch of meaningless, garbage time stats, but he's never had much success and lost his team many games the same way Matt has won games for his team. 2013 was the first time in a while anybody even talked about Rivers. He's pretty much been Jay Cutler/Tony Romo for the majority of his career.

Brees has like 3 straight seasons of 5,000 yds.. Ryan hasn't exactly reached those numbers.

Ryan has better numbers than Brees threw his first 100 games. Much better...

Ryan is now entering the years in which Brees started taking off.

Ryan nearly threw 500 yards today and FAR outperformed Brees...

Ryan over Big Ben? Big Ben has 2 rings and an MVP trophy and multiple seasons of 4,000 yds. Sorry.. love Ryan but Big Ben is better.

I would go crazy if Ben was my QB. That offense looks like crap most of the time. He plays sandlot football. He is clutch and great at the end of games I give him that. He is also injured a lot. There is little rhythm to their offense. He rarely takes 3 steps and throws the ball. Has gotten better some with Haley. Its my opinion and to me Ryan is better.

He did today. No doubt.

But Ryan throwing for 5,000 yds is a stretch. he is coached by smitty and koetter.. they aren't Sean Payton. But Ryan could potientally surpass Brees.. but he isn't in his league yet.

Well he was better than Brees today, by just about any metric you want to use. Points, yards, QB rating, TD/INT ratio, WIN.

If he isn't "in his league yet," someone needs to tell Brees to step up his game.

He did today. No doubt.

But Ryan throwing for 5,000 yds is a stretch. he is coached by smitty and koetter.. they aren't Sean Payton. But Ryan could potientally surpass Brees.. but he isn't in his league yet.

He had nearly 500 yards today...

He's already 1/10th of the way there with 15 more games.

Did you see his weapons? I promise you Ryan eclipses 5000 this year. Bookmark it...

I would go crazy if Ben was my QB. That offense looks like crap most of the time. He plays sandlot football. He is clutch and great at the end of games I give him that. He is also injured a lot. There is little rhythm to their offense. He rarely takes 3 steps and throws the ball. Has gotten better some with Haley. Its my opinion and to me Ryan is better.

In times past his defense has bailed him out of his sandlot playing. What had he done lately? Nothing. He's done.

Yes Ryan outplayed Brees TODAY.

but since 2008

Brees has 29,892 yds passing, 229 TD passes and a 99.2 passer rating

Ryan has 23,472 yds passing 153 TD passes and a 90.08 passer rating.

Close but not yet there.

You are comparing Ryan's first 6 seasons in the NFL to Brees 8th through 14?

You don't see a problem with that?

You don't see a problem with Ryan's first 6 being that close to Brees' 8th through 14th?

Ryan is as elite as Brees. That simple.