The Ultimate Respect From Saints - Reading Saintsreport.com

g-dawg

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/am-i-only-one-who-isnt-mad-here-329268/#.VA0CzvldXkU

most of them are not even whining that much about how they lost to the "sucky Falcons". Sure the Saints fans were not happy about giving up 600yds of offense to the Falcons but most rationalized that Falcons were a play away from Superbowl two years ago and have 4 gifted wideouts, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Guest facelessman07

Hester looked like a friggin blue light special bargain out there today! Bet Chicago is shaking their head

If Hester can perform like this against a good Saints D, other competition should be easy for him

Edited by facelessman07

I didn't either. Its a prove it league. He hasn't proven anything yet. But he took a step towards it today.

The thing is though is that Hester is not a #1 or #2 WR like the Bears wanted him to be.

They thought he was a player that could continuously be that go to guy.

Hester is best as a 3rd or 4th WR that can exploit one on ones and zone coverages and don't have to carry the burden as the main guy(s) at WR.

The game was as expected, it's hard to judge where the Saints and Falcons rank because they do this all the time regardless of records, the Falcons were never as bad as there record showed last year, even without Hester, Douglas runs the same route in the 4th quarter and makes the catch then Bryant kicks the fieldgoal. It's like a replay of last year with the Julio fumble and the Brees pick, you know it's going to happen but you don't know when and to what team.

The thing is though is that Hester is not a #1 or #2 WR like the Bears wanted him to be.

They thought he was a player that could continuously be that go to guy.

Hester is best as a 3rd or 4th WR that can exploit one on ones and zone coverages and don't have to carry the burden as the main guy(s) at WR.

Yeah, the Saints played a ton of Tampa 2 today (you would have thought that Ryan knew that this personnel sucked in zone after the Spags experiment, but I digress) and Hester definitely exploited the holes in the zone and used his speed and playmaking ability when the ball was in his hands. He had a good game. But he's not going to be covered by LBs and safeties every week is all I'm saying.

I'm not ready to eat crow after one game, maybe a little because he did more than I expected, but if he continues that throughout the season, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong.

what can they say, they're suppose to be the super bowl darlings along with Seattle and San Fran, they're have/had the number 4 defense and suppose to have upgraded, according to SI and the other idiots we're still terrible, but we just destroyed their defense and have weapons galore, so they can spin it any way they want to we're 1-0 and they are in the cellar with the sucs.