Smitty

vel

As hard as I am on Smitty, the guy finally looked like a leader again. I saw a little glimpse of that constipated face, but for the most part he looked like the guy from 08 and 09.

I loved seeing him talking shlt with the RBs coach after Antone's TD. He even celebrated with Quizz after his TD. When's the last time he did that? It's different, as a player, when you're coach is just as excited about the big plays as the players are.

He looks passionate again. We didn't see any signs of "Smitty" on the offense or defense playcalling. I hope this guy carries through the rest of the season. To see it show up for the full Saints game is promising.

It's been my picture this week. I wanted to see this Smitty again,and you know what? We did. He was flashing his old fiery self.

jseC3pc.jpg

Definitely. I was so happy seeing him talking trash with the RB coach after Antone's TD. It was a totally different sight. Showed he was focused on beating the Saints, not us not losing the game.

People give too much credit or blame to HC when it comes to play calling. DC,OC and more importantly position coaches play a big role. I liked what I saw from both Tice and Cox after the plays. They chewed the guys if they made a mistake, I don't remember seeing anything from Pat Hill or Sugar bear in the past.

What people also have to realize is that the reason the Falcons never panicked, not at 13-0. not at 20-7, not at 24-20, not at 34-30, is Smith's leadership.

This^

I was going very cold on him but he definitely carried his weight today. Even when we were looking at a 20-7 score. The team didn't have that usual "antsy" feel to it, from the players to the playcalling.

I have never made it a secret that I am not a Smitty fan, but this game definitely never had that Failcons vibe to it that our matchups with the swamp trash from America's armpit usually do. We played like we belonged out there, and everyone looked like they were having fun playing a game instead of worrying about making mistakes.

I have never made it a secret that I am not a Smitty fan, but this game definitely never had that Failcons vibe to it that our matchups with the swamp trash from America's armpit usually do. We played like we belonged out there, and everyone looked like they were having fun playing a game instead of worrying about making mistakes.

Tell me about it. Even my girlfriend was shocked when the fourth quarter rolled around because she always takes a nap in the third because it's so slow and boring. Not this time. This is what it looks like to keep your foot on the gas all game. We didn't try to play keep away with Smittyball. We stood toe to toe with them and won.

What people also have to realize is that the reason the Falcons never panicked, not at 13-0. not at 20-7, not at 24-20, not at 34-30, is Smith's leadership.

Yup you got the sense the falcons had the idea that " yeah we got this" no matter the score or situation.......and that is a direct reflection of Smitty.

I liked the fire in him. I think his steady hand permeates down to our team. I liked the more wide open feel of the offense today, as well.

He still doesn't handle end of game and/or time situations well. Just saying.

What did he mess up? He even ran a play before the half to leave the Saints absolutely no time after the FG. They normally don't think about that.

In OT, there was no need to risk anything. We just ran 3 conservative plays to gain any yardage we could. I don't think Smitty missed at all today.

He was trying to get Ryan to spike the ball on 3rd down with about 12-15 seconds left. Eventually he called the timeout at 9 seconds. It ended up working out okay, but it looked like a mess.

I didn't so much mind the running at the end, but I didn't like the personnel we sent out. I think we'd have been better served to run it out of our 11 personnel set. Maybe run the bubble screen out of it. Bryant is money, but that's tempting fate a bit.

If he didn't have a history of it, I might not have thought as much about it.