My Assessment

Knight of God

Not giving one today. We won against the Saints in our first game. Let's duplicate a win. Matthews is out a while, so now we have to deal with adversity. We did Rise Up when it mattered most, let's continue to Rise Up.

Special shout on the defense to the LB's including Worrilow, Bartu, and Biermann. Awesome job to McClain.

on offense Matt Ryan, Bryant, Jones, Hester, White, and Douglas.

add Smith, Rodgers, and Toilolo on those TD's.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the wrap up tackling, especially from Lowery. Our D might not have shined today, but they did enough, and there were markedly fewer infuriating and head scratching mental lapses from the defense compared to last season.

Also, Matt Ryan is an animal.

I wasn't finished, my son came asking about chess (he's six years old). Lowery too on the tackling. I need to see more on the edge though.

I wasn't finished, my son came asking about chess (he's six years old). Lowery too on the tackling. I need to see more on the edge though.

Pardon me sir, didn't mean to interrupt. wink.png

Your son sounds like a smart kid, nurture the love of chess. Just don't show him Mike Smith's overtime playcalling as an example of good strategy.

I am not going to get into the offense because they succeeded even when some parts merely played average. The defense has a lot to work on, but at least they executed some of the fundamentals better today than last season. Tackling was better, the deep ball was better covered, and there was actually push up the middle from the line. There was still nobody on the edge getting pressure consistently (as you said), and the TE/Slot over the middle was just as open as it was the past 4 years, but all in all, the D looked better.

I doubt this D will be top 16 in the league, but we have to keep in mind they were playing arguably one of the best offenses in the league today. I think this effort against 20 other teams would have produced less than 20 points against, and with the offense showing out, that is more than enough.

Pardon me sir, didn't mean to interrupt. wink.png

Your son sounds like a smart kid, nurture the love of chess. Just don't show him Mike Smith's overtime playcalling as an example of good strategy.

I am not going to get into the offense because they succeeded even when some parts merely played average. The defense has a lot to work on, but at least they executed some of the fundamentals better today than last season. Tackling was better, the deep ball was better covered, and there was actually push up the middle from the line. There was still nobody on the edge getting pressure consistently (as you said), and the TE/Slot over the middle was just as open as it was the past 4 years, but all in all, the D looked better.

I doubt this D will be top 16 in the league, but we have to keep in mind they were playing arguably one of the best offenses in the league today. I think this effort against 20 other teams would have produced less than 20 points against, and with the offense showing out, that is more than enough.

No worries and agree with all of what you said. I'm going to watch the game a few more times to get a good idea. Looks like defense is still an issue but we have two guys in the middle worth every kudo.

Our offense was RIDICULOUS today. I can't remember a time when the Falcons looked as unstoppable throughout the game. It was great to watch. Especially no 3rd quarter blues.

Defense? SUCKAGE. A couple big turnovers but man, I was cursing them the entire day. I knew they would give up the TD drive to Brees at the end of the game, it was agonizing to watch. I was not happy with that performance.

Our defense and offensive line were nothing but embarrassing in the first half. The second half was a completely different story. It was a nice change of pace rather than seeing us shut down in the second half. It seemed our O-Line improved after Matthews got hurt as well. Carimi struggled at times but ultimately looked decent. I'm excited to see what this team has to offer.

Side note: there will be years emitting from my face if we cannot find a way to tackle.

Not giving one today. We won against the Saints in our first game. Let's duplicate a win. Matthews is out a while, so now we have to deal with adversity. We did Rise Up when it mattered most, let's continue to Rise Up.

Special shout on the defense to the LB's including Worrilow, Bartu, and Biermann. Awesome job to McClain.

on offense Matt Ryan, Bryant, Jones, Hester, White, and Douglas.

add Smith, Rodgers, and Toilolo on those TD's.

I think the D did a decent job with that explosive offense. Obviously they had the same problems with our explosive offense. I think the D deserves credit because we were down 20-10 at half. McClains pick was huge and Bartu's fumble. I think they do better against a lesser offense in the bengals. Offense could be special. Want more edge rush like you tho.

Who says Matthews is out awhile? Looked like he was ready to play

Also if you can't get jazzed about beating the Saints in a great game turn in your fan card. This was probably the hardest game of our season

What are you rambling about man? Matthews sustained an injury and the rest of your rant can go somewhere.

U play chess?

Its how I got into football.

Son asking about chess at 6. That's great! Teach him well.

Yep, I started my 8yr old daughter when she was four.

I think the D did a decent job with that explosive offense. Obviously they had the same problems with our explosive offense. I think the D deserves credit because we were down 20-10 at half. McClains pick was huge and Bartu's fumble. I think they do better against a lesser offense in the bengals. Offense could be special. Want more edge rush like you tho.

I have to give the D a little credit too, hard to stop Brees and company. I will wait to see how they fair against the Bengals. I also have to give Ryan his credit. I beat him here and there over the years, but he looked great out there today. It was just one game, but that looked like that high powered offense that I have been waiting for the last few years

Guest facelessman07

what did you see out of Bierrman today, KOG? I saw nothing out of him - he looks "stick a fork in him - he's done" to me.

I saw 4 mill of extra cap space on the field lolygagging around

I have to give the D a little credit too, hard to stop Brees and company. I will wait to see how they fair against the Bengals. I also have to give Ryan his credit. I beat him here and there over the years, but he looked great out there today. It was just one game, but that looked like that high powered offense that I have been waiting for the last few years

This was a new Ryan. He had his big boy pants on without his blanky today. I knew once TG retired we could actually resemble the greatest show on turf 2.0.

The defense played much better in the second half but they did look pretty terrible on the very last drive.

The run d looked REALLY good early on but got wore down. and they ended up with a lot more yardage on the ground than they should have.

Its not perfect but a win is a win.......... and this is DEFINITELY a different falcon team from last year... that much is obvious..

If our offense can stay healthy then it is going to benefit the defense as teams will have to try and keep up and it puts more pressure on them