Random Thoughts From Today's Game

Pacific_Falcon

1) Most of the people on this board are smarter than Smitty. I have taken the Antone Smith hype with a grain of salt, but he got his shot and what happened? Kerry Meier fans just sprung wood.

2) Cox maybe the savior of this team. He is infusing passion while getting something out of not so much talent.

3) Carimi and Holmes did good enough, but they F'd up a couple of times hard and Matt got the ball out quick so it didn't cost us, but yikes. Good on the coaches tho for not forcing the rookie back on the field.

4) Hester is going to give the opposing DC's a lot to look at, you could tell the Saints didn't game plan for him much and it cost them. Having a 4th receiving threat is huge.

5) Anyone pining for Gurley or any other RB as a high draft pick needs to close themselves in an iron maiden. I really mean that.

6) Koetter needs to get some props here. We haven't been great in the red zone but looking back, how good can you be in the red zone when you can't run at all or pass protect? The guy is pretty good at working with what he has, he just b!tched the 4th best D in the league from last year.

7) Matty Ice haters probably will be quiet for awhile. Congrats to Matt for today, and for having a game like that against a team that has owned us for what, 7 years? Speaks volumes about the guy

8) Is there some reason in short goalline situations an offense runs something OTHER than one of those gutless rub routes? Thanks Goodell for trying to turn the NFL into Tecmo Bowl. You ginger piece of sh*t. Serously, f*ck you.

9) Worrlilow stinks in coverage. The Saints picked up on it and milked it a lot on 3rd downs, hopefully Nolan can figure out a fix. I swear half of those 3rd down conversions were Pierre Thomas beating Worrillow. We need someone not so slow playing that role.

10) F*ck new orleans. 1-0, b!tch.

11) How about throwing to Julio on something other than a screen? The Saints corner's aren't THAT good.

Edited by Pacific_Falcon

A few more:

1.) We had the ball first in the third, and we SCORED. And then we scored again. In the THIRD.

2.) We did not just take a knee to go into the half, which could easily be considered the "safe" thing when there are only 24 seconds left and you're down 13 points and getting the ball to start the next half.

3.) Matt was really GOING for the first down whenever he scrambled. He wasn't being stupid about it, but he sure wasn't sliding short of a first down.

4.) We did not give in when we were down 13 points to start the game. There was a moment there when I thought it was going to get really ugly. But we clawed back. Came from behind again ... and again ... and again.

All of these things are different from past years and so encouraging. Very happy Falcons fan here.

1) Most of the people on this board are smarter than Smitty. I have taken the Antone Smith hype with a grain of salt, but he got his shot and what happened? Kerry Meier fans just sprung wood.

2) Cox maybe the savior of this team. He is infusing passion while getting something out of not so much talent.

3) Carimi and Holmes did good enough, but they F'd up a couple of times hard and Matt got the ball out quick so it didn't cost us, but yikes. Good on the coaches tho for not forcing the rookie back on the field.

4) Hester is going to give the opposing DC's a lot to look at, you could tell the Saints didn't game plan for him much and it cost them. Having a 4th receiving threat is huge.

5) Anyone pining for Gurley or any other RB as a high draft pick needs to close themselves in an iron maiden. I really mean that.

6) Koetter needs to get some props here. We haven't been great in the red zone but looking back, how good can you be in the red zone when you can't run at all or pass protect? The guy is pretty good at working with what he has, he just b!tched the 4th best D in the league from last year.

7) Matty Ice haters probably will be quiet for awhile. Congrats to Matt for today, and for having a game like that against a team that has owned us for what, 7 years? Speaks volumes about the guy

8) Is there some reason in short goalline situations an offense runs something OTHER than one of those gutless rub routes? Thanks Goodell for trying to turn the NFL into Tecmo Bowl. You ginger piece of sh*t. Serously, f*ck you.

9) Worrlilow stinks in coverage. The Saints picked up on it and milked it a lot on 3rd downs, hopefully Nolan can figure out a fix. I swear half of those 3rd down conversions were Pierre Thomas beating Worrillow. We need someone not so slow playing that role.

10) F*ck new orleans. 1-0, b!tch.

11) How about throwing to Julio on something other than a screen? The Saints corner's aren't THAT good.

I agree about Worrilow. He looked GREAT against the run and tackled extremely well, but he looked slow in coverage at times.

I don't simply because he isn't good in short yardage from what I've seen. He may have been at one time but to me he doesn't do anything

He is pretty solid in short yardage. He only had like one short yardage attempt today. Ask Josh Wilson how he is in short yardage runs.

But he actually had a solid day. I obviously dont like him long term, but he is solid enough to take carries and get enough yards with them until Freeman is ready for the #1 role. Quizz and Smith were awesome in their roles. Id say keep everything exactly as is with a slow, steady increase of carries for Freeman, taking them directly from Jackson