Matt Ryan Is Better Without Tg

MSalmon

Remember his BC days? The kid had something like 10 receivers with 50 catches or more.

Check today's "hidden" stat. 9 players with a reception and 5 or more with 50 yards or greater. That's great distribution.

That's Matt Ryan's strengths: great vision, ability to distribute to open man.

I honestly think he often felt obligated to throw to TG...thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if he was obligated to throw to TG, but I do agree we're better without him. Not because he wasn't a dang good player though.

I'm being a bit facetious, and I'm not knocking Tony in the least. I do think that because of TG's rep that Matt often forced it to him. I'm not really knocking a Tony --more Matt in reality, but today I saw the BC eagle that I loved in 08 that just distributed the ball, and bought time.

Julio, Roddy, HD, and Hester all running around is pretty much impossible for most teams to cover.

If everyone is healthy we have a championship offense.

Defense? Not so much.

You could say that the #4 ranked last year saints defense is bad as well lol

Tbh those were two high octane offenses out there

I think so too. TG retiring eliminates:

Obligation to TG.

Security blanket.

Safe thinking - a 5 yard gain a priority over taking a chance on a big play.

Exactly. The way he got looks into Hester, the rbs and Toilio and HD was amazing.

What's odder still is Julio got over 100 yds, yet it was a "quiet" big game lol

I'm being a bit facetious, and I'm not knocking Tony in the least. I do think that because of TG's rep that Matt often forced it to him. I'm not really knocking a Tony --more Matt in reality, but today I saw the BC eagle that I loved in 08 that just distributed the ball, and bought time.

I know what you mean bro. Agree 100%

I LOVE our offense and I do think Matt forced it to Tony a lot....but I think most of the big difference we saw today was him actually having time to look over the field. I get the point though!!!

Agree. It was both. That and he's hit that "prime" mode where vet QBs see the field and things slow down

Bottom line 31 other teams didn't have tg but they had to find a way to compensate. Once tg left we didn't get worse we just had too figure out an alternative. So sick of the media saying toilolo can't replace Gonzales, he doesn't have to be a hofer he just needs to produce. Today he did exactly that.

Edited by The Daywalker

I thought losing TG was critical for Matt's growth. Without that security blanket, he would have to learn how to not get tunnel vision, which he had at times with Roddy also.

And yes, the coaching staff definitely forced things Gonzo's way. No hate, but in terms of what's good overall for the team, good riddance. Mr "I'm too good to block" belongs in the broadcast booth.

Remember his BC days? The kid had something like 10 receivers with 50 catches or more.

Check today's "hidden" stat. 9 players with a reception and 5 or more with 50 yards or greater. That's great distribution.

That's Matt Ryan's strengths: great vision, ability to distribute to open man.

I honestly think he often felt obligated to throw to TG...thoughts?

I felt we were going to be a more explosive offense without Tony. It's looking like that may be the case. We keep giving Ryan this kind of time and we will not miss TG at all.

He is not as clutch as Gonzo but I will take Hester with the ball in his hands over Gonzo. He didn't get much YAC. Hester, Julio, n HD all can be explosive and Roddy can feel in as the clutch possession receiver. Maybe Toilolo too if he learns how to box out

You could say that the #4 ranked last year saints defense is bad as well lol

Tbh those were two high octane offenses out there

Thats what i think too. Everyone is saying both defenses are bad, but both offenses are just really good too. Not saying we dont have issues, but the saints are a good offense. not every team is gonna be that hard to stop

levine had a easy drop but atleast it wasnt in the endzone

dude had a good day. scored a TD, had a couple nice runs down the sideline, jumped over a guy. had one bad drop, but ill take it. looks like a guy we can develop