Matt Ryan's Finest Game...

Quarterback

...and I'n not talking about his impressive stats.

His poise, leadership, pocket presence, evasiveness, elusiveness (yes, Matt Ryan, of all people) and the thing I enjoyed the most and the most enjoyable part for me today...his out and out courage and determination to get every last inch on his runs.

What a pleasure to have a QB like this for our Falcons!

It sounds cliche, but he looked like he took a major step up in the offseason. Looked better than ever. Added some major scrambling, pocket awareness, and elusiveness to his game. Great arm strength. ****, he had Gabe freaking Carimi and Lamar freaking Holmes blocking for him and he still went toe to toe with Drew Brees and beat him. I will give Drew Brees all his respect, and he deserves it, and yes, we easily couldve lost that game, but Matt Ryan looks a "significantly better" than Brees.

Matt was awesome today. Simply awesome. And of all things, you know what was most telling to me (since I already know he can throw beautiful passes when given time)? Even though he was a yard short because of that half foot out of bounds, he was GOING for that first down on the run. In years past, he would have slid.

He played like a man possessed today, like he simply was NOT going to lose this game or start this season like the last one.

You go, #2!!!! Congrats on the new single-game passing record.

Matt was awesome today. Simply awesome. And of all things, you know what was most telling to me (since I already know he can throw beautiful passes when given time)? Even though he was a yard short because of that half foot out of bounds, he was GOING for that first down on the run. In years past, he would have slid.

He played like a man possessed today, like he simply was NOT going to lose this game or start this season like the last one.

You go, #2!!!! Congrats on the new single-game passing record.

When I mention pocket presence it is because Matt threw and completed a ton of passes--many key third down passes--with Saints defenders in his face, their hands on him, or even while in the process of taking him down...unlike Brees who threw a ton of passes that were delivered without a Falcon within 10 feet from him. This is tough to do as a QB because one's natural, self-preservation instincts tell one to protect yourself first.

It was just a pleasure to watch and would have been a real shame to go unrewarded with a loss. It would have been like a pitcher that throws an eight inning, one hitter only to lose when his closer (our defense) blows the save.

Ice man was phenomenal today. That drive before halftime was classic Matty Ice. Just a great performance. Really wish Julio had not fumbled going in....those 7 would have helped a lot. Devin Hester, the big TE and Antoine Smith had big catches as well as Roddy, HD and Devonte Freeman.

Well, all is forgiven now. Besides, Brees interception in the end zone evened the TO impact as both teams were on the verge of scoring. Colston's fumble turned it into our favor and the 2-1 T/O margin was the difference in the game. It's good that Jones experienced this and we got away with it...he'll tuck this away and remember it the next time he's fighting for that extra yard and losing concentration on holding the ball.

...and I'n not talking about his impressive stats.

His poise, leadership, pocket presence, evasiveness, elusiveness (yes, Matt Ryan, of all people) and the thing I enjoyed the most and the most enjoyable part for me today...his out and out courage and determination to get every last inch on his runs.

What a pleasure to have a QB like this for our Falcons!

Amen QB, Ryan had ice going through his veins the entire game, 3 critical money drives where he came up every time, first end of half for that critical 3 points, then the long drive to tie the game, then the game winning drive, overcoming numerous penalties.....you can't ask more, and his teammates knew they had a fearless leader who was going to make the plays.

The Ryan haters can below me :)