Starting The Season Against The Saints Is A Bad Idea

A lot of you know me for many years here, im die-hard Falcon as it gets, but starting the season with a Loss against our hated Division rival is the kind of thing that can ruin a season.

Losing to the Saints in the very first week is the kind of thing that creates the sort of bad karma and depressing feelings that will carry on throughout the season.

It would be much better if we started the season against a crappy team, and got a decisive Win. That kind of vibe is what this team needs to start the season, and provide a positive jump-start to move forward.

I just dont see the Falcons winning today. The Saints are just too good on all sides of the ball, and losing to them today is going to be demoralizing and is going to affect this team heading into week 2. It can avalanche.

Im hopefully predicting a close game, but being realistic - barring injuries - i just dont see how we can keep pace with the Saints in a shoot-out. I just hope we make it respectable.

I disagree, Matt Ryan is gonna rip the Aints a new one!

I'm glad we start out the season against our arch rival. It's like your first day in prison, pick out the biggest, baddest dude and kick his azz. Well, whipping the Aints week one will assert our dominance and put us in the driver's seat in the NFC South!

TO VICTORY!

300-workout-routine-leonidas-yell.jpg

Is it just me or am I the only one who will never let the words they are better than us and saints be used in the same sentence? I agree that I like opening against the saints. Last year we should of won. People act like they are vassssstly better yet we play close alll the time. So which is it they are better than us by that much or we are better than people are making us out to be. We will give matt time and that will make the difference to me. I see our defense being better than last year and more athletic so if it was decent enough to keep us close then matt having time puts us over the hump. Now rise up!!!

I disagree, Matt Ryan is gonna rip the Aints a new one!

I'm glad we start out the season against our arch rival. It's like your first day in prison, pick out the biggest, baddest dude and kick his azz. Well, whipping the Aints week one will assert our dominance and put us in the driver's seat in the NFC South!

TO VICTORY!

300-workout-routine-leonidas-yell.jpg

I was right, Matt Ryan ripped em a new one!