I Guess We Find Out Today

Gibson's Finest

We will find out. Win or lose, we will see if we are truly an improved team.

I have said this before, but it stands true, our success depends on two things:

1. The ability to convert, on the ground, in short yardage situations.

2. The ability to dominate, between the hash marks, on defense.

If we do both of those things, we will not only win today, but we will win the division.

If it's anybody to worry about it would be Matthews, not Holmes. If I'm Sean Payton I'm going to attack the rookie that started camp at right tackle and was thrust into LT duties. That said I think the line will be fine. Jake will have a few moments if my thinking of Payton is correct. He may attack Holmes as well. The difference on that side is Asamoah next to him instead of Reynolds/Konz.

If it's anybody to worry about it would be Matthews, not Holmes. If I'm Sean Payton I'm going to attack the rookie that started camp at right tackle and was thrust into LT duties. That said I think the line will be fine. Jake will have a few moments if my thinking of Payton is correct. He may attack Holmes as well. The difference on that side is Asamoah next to him instead of Reynolds/Konz.

Exactly fb...and people need to slow their roll WHEN (not if) Matthews gets beat a couple of times or draws a flag for holding or false start.

He's a rookie and there are going to be some growing pains. Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady weren't perfect in their first games.

I said it last night in a Saints thread that I bet that Payton attacks Jake all day. He sure as heck noticed the flags in preseason. He is going to try and exploit him.

Exactly fb...and people need to slow their roll WHEN (not if) Matthews gets beat a couple of times or draws a flag for holding or false start.

He's a rookie and there are going to be some growing pains. Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady weren't perfect in their first games.

Exactly. If teams played perfect games they'd never lose. Plus the other guy gets paid to make plays too. That's why I love football. It's the ultimate chess match.

I said it last night in a Saints thread that I bet that Payton attacks Jake all day. He sure as heck noticed the flags in preseason. He is going to try and exploit him.

Exactly. And if I'm Payton I'm hoping the falcons think I'm gonna attack Holmes and leave Jake alone. That's how he always bests Smitty. He does the not so obvious and always seems to stay one step ahead of us. We lose the saints games in game planning. Not talent.

Payton is many thing. Tool, *********, vicodin addict, but crappy coach he is not. He will attack anything he sees as weak.

That's assuming he already chose the weak area he wants to expose. He's already installed his gameplan for today. Too late to change it if he chose the wrong weakness.