Tomorrow's Division Leader Question

SaintsFanInLA

Just for sh*** and giggles, who would that be between the two NFCS winners? What would be the first tie-breaker? Points scored?

I mean, since neither team will have played any other conference games, who will have bragging rights? Assuming there are no ties tomorrow.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

• Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Strength of victory.
  • Strength of schedule.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  • Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  • Best net points in common games.
  • Best net points in all games.
  • Best net touchdowns in all games.
  • Coin toss

I guess it would be # 10

But what is strength of victory?

Edited by Febrees

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

• Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Strength of victory.
  • Strength of schedule.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  • Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  • Best net points in common games.
  • Best net points in all games.
  • Best net touchdowns in all games.
  • Coin toss

I guess it would be # 10

But what is strength of victory?

How many points you won by would be my guess.

The MMQB Ranking.

Fine Fifteen

1. Seattle (1-0). Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell on Russell Wilson: “He’s a point guard.” I do see the John Stockton comparison. He won’t have the gaudiest stats (Seattle had a 56/44 run-pass ratio in the opener, and Pete Carroll loves the impose-your-will, ball-possession style), but Wilson continues to make everyone around him better.

2. Denver (1-0). Was anyone even remotely surprised by the win over the Colts, when Indy had no one to pressure Peyton Manning?

3. San Francisco (1-0). So much for the meaning of preseason. (And thank goodness for the Dallas Cowboys as an opening opponent.)

4. Carolina (1-0). I’ll tell you what was so impressive about the Panthers’ performance at Tampa Bay: The offensive line has been 80% rebuilt from last year (new left tackle Byron Bell, new left guard Amini Silatolu, new right guard Fernando Velasco, new right tackle Nate Chandler … with one holdover, center Ryan Kalil), and paved the way for a good offensive day. Carolina had 113 rushing yards and allowed one sack and just three quarterback hits with a stationary target, Derek Anderson. Very good news for a team with major concerns about the offensive line entering the season.

5. Cincinnati (1-0). Good debut, mostly, for two men under the gun: Andy Dalton and new defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.

6. Miami (1-0). Very strong defensive effort. New England’s seven second-half series ended thusly: fumble, punt, punt, punt, punt, fumble, turnover on downs.

7. Atlanta (1-0). Down 13-0 after 20 minutes, the Falcons scored on seven of their last nine drives. What an energizing win for a franchise that led the league in self-doubt last year.

8. Minnesota (1-0). I know the Rams could be a bottom-five team (could?), but that was a very impressive win by a team with so much to prove. Cordarrelle Patterson (102 rushing yards, of all things) is going to be an incredible weapon in the hands of offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

9. Philadelphia (1-0). Thirty-four unanswered points solves a lot of worries.

10. New England (0-1). Cause for concern, sure. But I still think New England wins 11 and takes the AFC East.

11. New Orleans (0-1). It’s like the 2013 defensive effort for the Saints never happened. Rob Ryan led the league in only one category Sunday: Rolaids consumed.

12. Pittsburgh (1-0). Ben Roethlisberger has to be happy with his two young weapons at wideout, Markus Wheaton and Antonio Brown (11 catches, 213 yards, combined). He’ll need that kind of production if the defense doesn’t get to the quarterback better than it got to Brian Hoyer on Sunday.

13. Green Bay (0-1). There is no shame in losing at Seattle by 20 when the Seahawks are raising the championship banner and are double-digits better than any other team in football right now. But the Packers’ depth is a worry, as is right tackle and the ability to stop the run. The Jets won’t be a walkover in six days.

14. San Diego (0-0). Antonio Gates might not play tonight, but tight end Ladarius Green is the Chargers’ best backup player. Philip Rivers isn’t fretting.

15. Tennessee (1-0). Titans edge Buffalo for the last spot … because they beat a 2013 playoff team, Kansas City, on the road by 16, and played a fairly dominant game. Good for Jake Locker, completing 67% of his passes. If he’s accurate, he’s going to have a chance to keep the job long-term.

After what we saw yesterday The Falcons should be in the #2 slot on this poll! Yes, even though the saints loss WFW would have them ranked ahead of the meows because the saints lost to one helluva team!

Lol WFL logic. The Panthers are currently the division leaders.

Edited by PantherWake

Seriously pwak, if the meows played the Falcons yesterday you guy only lose by 17. We were on fire Jack...WFW is just sayin'cool.png

And if I was Dwyane Wade, I'd be on a honeymoon with Garbrielle Union but im not.

You live by "ifs". I live by facts.

Edited by PantherWake

Poor WFW.... it kills him that his team finally won a regular season game in forever.................and those pesky Panthers won also.....stealing what little limelight the Falcons have.

Prepare.. instead of him being thrilled about the Falcons winning, this week.. he will devote a large amount of his forum time, focused on the Panthers. Talking about "if" this and "if" that. Panthers on his mind. ;)

Poor WFW.... it kills him that his team finally won a regular season game in forever.................and those pesky Panthers won also.....stealing what little limelight the Falcons have.

Prepare.. instead of him being thrilled about the Falcons winning, this week.. he will devote a large amount of his forum time, focused on the Panthers. Talking about "if" this and "if" that. Panthers on his mind. wink.png

Truth. He wanted us to lose so bad and now doesn't want to give us credit for the win lol