Can We Jam Receivers At The Line - Including Graham?

caveman

Does Nolan have the proper scheme and adequate talent to crash receivers at the line to throw them out of their timing patterns? We must avoid deep completions, but it seems like our underneath coverage is nonexistent - especially the TE. We have to hit these receivers within the 5 yd. allowance and have coverage over the top if they break long. Of course, a QB like Brees will find somebody if he has all day - but we can't let the receivers get off the line clean for the easy quick routes.

I wonder what would happen If Beirman "accidentally" sacked him a few times thinking he was the QB....just sayin.

If I was Smitty or Nolan, I would tell Biermann to jack him up the very first snap. Literally take him out of the play as physically as possible without a fight. I will take whatever penalty they want to throw.

But Graham would think twice for the rest of the game. Send a message from the first snap.

If I was Smitty or Nolan, I would tell Biermann to jack him up the very first snap. Literally take him out of the play as physically as possible without a fight. I will take whatever penalty they want to throw.

But Graham would think twice for the rest of the game. Send a message from the first snap.

I agree. Biermann needs to whip his azz the instant the ball get snapped on the first play. I'm thinking Payton will be thinking that's what we have planned, and he'll put Graham in motion so we can't get much of a hit at the LOS.

I agree that we need one of these hybrid OLB/DE types to jam Graham - like Kroy,Mass,Osi,Pondga ....etc -somebody with the size to disrupt his route. If one of these guys hits him at the line, they can shed and go after Brees knowing somebody will pick him up after he releases. Bottom line .... blow up the timing routes from the get go.

I agree that we need one of these hybrid OLB/DE types to jam Graham - like Kroy,Mass,Osi,Pondga ....etc -somebody with the size to disrupt his route. If one of these guys hits him at the line, they can shed and go after Brees knowing somebody will pick him up after he releases. Bottom line .... blow up the timing routes from the get go.

It's not that simple. They still have responsibilities. You can't just be a jam rusher. Payton would exploit that with somebody else.

If i recall correctly press was one of Alf and Tru's strongsuits coming out of college. At least i seem to remember hearing that. I would imagine Wilson is able as well being in the league so long.

It was. And we played our best defense when we pressed last season. Nolan will back off if we don't get a rush tho. I have never liked off coverage. Asante was one of the few off cover corners I liked.

It was. And we played our best defense when we pressed last season. Nolan will back off if we don't get a rush tho. I have never liked off coverage. Asante was one of the few off cover corners I liked.

Sant is extremely smart with his play. The CBs tried to mimic him a bit last year but it doesn't work for everyone.

I honestly do not get the hype behind Wilson. I hope he's able to keep up with Cooks tomorrow.

As far as Jimmy, didn't Kroy shut him out last year?

Sant is extremely smart with his play. The CBs tried to mimic him a bit last year but it doesn't work for everyone.

I honestly do not get the hype behind Wilson. I hope he's able to keep up with Cooks tomorrow.

As far as Jimmy, didn't Kroy shut him out last year?

He slowed him for sure. I hoping wilson can step up tomorrow too. Yea Tru and Alf learned how to play off from zant so they added that to their tool box. They both can play off pretty well. The saints run a lot of quick hitting plays and they have problems with corners that play tight. As do all the top qb's. Matt included.