Jake Coker

Knight of God

What are you talking about? Coker looked very good. Both guys did. And in case you didn't notice, Sims got yanked out of the game for fumbling in the redzone. He tried to handoff on a called pass play. I think we will see a lot of both QBs this season - may be a rotation for awhile.

I hate that kind of football. Pick one guy and let him play. Sims was a lot better. Sit Coker for a year (Sims last year is now) and play. Pretty sure AJ McCarron would not get benched for a fumble...neither would Coker for that matter. Its silly, play some football. Heck, when Blake was first pulled there was ZERO reason to pull him. He had just scored.

I hate that kind of football. Pick one guy and let him play. Sims was a lot better. Sit Coker for a year (Sims last year is now) and play. Pretty sure AJ McCarron would not get benched for a fumble...neither would Coker for that matter. Its silly, play some football. Heck, when Blake was first pulled there was ZERO reason to pull him. He had just scored.

Did you even watch the game? Sims had not just scored - he had fumbled by running the wrong play inside the 5. Teaching moment.

Hate to break it to you but both guys will continue to play and will play well. That two QB system today worked so poorly that our Punter DID NOT COME ON THE FIELD.

Both guys have strengths and weakness and complement each other very well. Coker's arm strength will be needed to take the top off of SEC defenses. Saban knows that is the case. Sims does a very nice job managing the offense and moving the ball in the no-huddle - that will be needed as well.

Sit back and watch Nick Saban coach football.

Did you even watch the game? Sims had not just scored - he had fumbled by running the wrong play inside the 5. Teaching moment.

Hate to break it to you but both guys will continue to play and will play well. That two QB system today worked so poorly that our Punter DID NOT COME ON THE FIELD.

Both guys have strengths and weakness and complement each other very well. Coker's arm strength will be needed to take the top off of SEC defenses. Saban knows that is the case. Sims does a very nice job managing the offense and moving the ball in the no-huddle - that will be needed as well.

Sit back and watch Nick Saban coach football.

Yes, I did watch the game and the first time Sims was pulled was in the first half. He did not come in after he had scored with Kenyon Drake.

We were playing a money game. I don't think that will be a fantastic idea against better teams.

I love Saban, but I don't like it period. This is the first time I have seen something Saban do I was against. Like it or not.

Yes, I did watch the game and the first time Sims was pulled was in the first half. He did not come in after he had scored with Kenyon Drake.

We were playing a money game. I don't think that will be a fantastic idea against better teams.

I love Saban, but I don't like it period. This is the first time I have seen something Saban do I was against. Like it or not.

Saban had said before the game we would see a rotation. Sims got the first three series and Coker got the next three. We knew that going in.

I don't think we need a rotation man. I like Coker too. A lot. That kid is going to be awesome, but I would prefer if he picked one and rolled with it man. Simple business. I like Sims right now because the kid has proven he has what it takes to manage the game. He has good short range accuracy, legs, and vision. That's all we need with our run. We also hae DePriest back which is VERY exciting. I think we can get a championship this year.

Already knew they would rotate, but its like when you know you have to pay the bills...it feels okay until you look at it...then you're like...*sigh*.

Like I said, Coker is definitely the man of the future. I didn't really like the rotation before and I certainly don't like QBBC now. I like what Saban says about it though. "When you have THAT much talent you use it." Doesn't mean I'm going to be able to adjust my eyes on it that soon.

I don't think we need a rotation man. I like Coker too. A lot. That kid is going to be awesome, but I would prefer if he picked one and rolled with it man. Simple business. I like Sims right now because the kid has proven he has what it takes to manage the game. He has good short range accuracy, legs, and vision. That's all we need with our run. We also hae DePriest back which is VERY exciting. I think we can get a championship this year.

Already knew they would rotate, but its like when you know you have to pay the bills...it feels okay until you look at it...then you're like...*sigh*.

Like I said, Coker is definitely the man of the future. I didn't really like the rotation before and I certainly don't like QBBC now. I like what Saban says about it though. "When you have THAT much talent you use it." Doesn't mean I'm going to be able to adjust my eyes on it that soon.

I hear you. If nothing else, having two capable guys is a nice luxury in the event of an injury down the road. I like this team - best collection of RBs/WRs we have ever had. And Amari Cooper is in the discussion for best player in the country - just incredible and Kiffin is feeding him.

I hear you. If nothing else, having two capable guys is a nice luxury in the event of an injury down the road. I like this team - best collection of RBs/WRs we have ever had. And Amari Cooper is in the discussion for best player in the country - just incredible and Kiffin is feeding him.

Dude has REALLY surprised me. Haven't seen much from our dynamic TE though. Was looking forward to him. Henry is just amazing. Loving Drake. The WR's man...just wow. I love the workout the younger guys are getting too.

My judgment is in how they did in relation to each other. Competition is irrelevant. Neither guy led a drive where we had to punt. That is the goal.

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant. You can make throws and scrambles against an FAU that will be big mistakes against an Ole Miss, LSU, or Auburn.

Of course you have to watch how guys without much experience perform in games like this... but at the end of the day it doesn't mean a lot. Clemson scored 73 today against garbage but only had a single first down and no points in the 2nd half against UGA. Clear difference against a better opponent.

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant. You can make throws and scrambles against an FAU that will be big mistakes against an Ole Miss, LSU, or Auburn.

Of course you have to watch how guys without much experience perform in games like this... but at the end of the day it doesn't mean a lot. Clemson scored 73 today against garbage but only had a single first down and no points in the 2nd half against UGA. Clear difference against a better opponent.

Of course, there will be a difference in their play against better competition. My point was for evaluation purposes relative to each other the competition level was irrelevant. I assure you that both guys have a lot of work to do before we play Florida.