Graham, Saints Ready To Deploy 'new Wrinkles' Against Falcons

FenixFalcon

Saints implementing 'new wrinkles' for Jimmy Graham

Jimmy Graham kills the Atlanta Falcons. He knows it, we know it and the Falcons certainly know it.

In an effort to stem the Graham dominance this Sunday, the Falcons might try to employ some of the tactics the New England Patriots did in slowing down the tight end last season -- namely use a corner and jam the heck out of him on every play. However, Graham said that coach Sean Payton added some wrinkles to the offense this season to combat that strategy.

"Sean's great with that in the offseason. Always does something new, implements new wrinkles," Graham said, per ESPN.com.

The tight end then offered perspective on what worked for the Patriots last season.

"I wouldn't say New England covered me with a corner. I would say they were jamming me on the line with someone who can jam well, and then playing zone behind it," Graham explained. "When you have help over the top and then you've got a linebacker scraping to help and you're getting jammed man to man, it makes the picture cloudy of what you're supposed to do..."

But the Saints are prepared if the Falcons try to appropriate that approach Sunday.

"...It's something that we've worked on this camp, shoring up some of those things and being ready for when teams do that," Graham said. "And Drew (Brees) being the quarterback he is, he finds the open guy. He doesn't key on one guy or two guys, he finds the open man."

With Graham healthy and a newfound speed on offense, the Saints look as explosive as their 2011 juggernaut.

So, basically...Payton has found a way to get a 12th player on the field if we've figured out how to stop Jimmy...Sounds like the typical Stains cheats they are. They can buy any player in the league with 0 cap space, can put bounty's on players and win a Super Bowl because of it, and now they can put a 12th player on the field to combat our strategies. That's nice. What else you gonna let em do Goodell? Give Vaccaro a pair of brass knuckles for beating Ryan to death? Give Jimmy Graham bionic arms to fold our goalpost into a pretzel so Bryant can't kick any game winning fields goals and then find a way not to fine him for it? Put in Justin Beiber as the halftime Super Bowl show?

Hopefully Smitty read this, basically told us how to beat himself.

They keep finding reasons to make me b*tch...I'm not one for wanting players to get injured but I hope JG eats dirt this weekend and Brees gets pummeled by our Pass rush. After that, keep talking b*tches.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Ride or die?

Who said anything about a 12th player?

Talib held the crap out of Graham, he had to or was ordered be Bellicheck, Kuechly too

Refs have to crack down on that since Goodell was upset the Wall Street Journal had a major article on pass interference ruining the game

The rest of your stuff is the same old tired excuses

Atlanta needs to prove it on the field, perhaps then fans will not complain about their rival

Loomis and Payton and light years beond TD and Smitty

Players want to stay here

Sometimes tough cuts for cap space

Count how many players from 2009 super bowl are still on our team, yet it's character persists and gets better

Graham is healthy and Sean has studied last years short comings in depth and will react

That matchup will be very interesting

I can see him dragging a defender over the goal line again sunday

Ride or die?

Who said anything about a 12th player?

Talib held the crap out of Graham, he had to or was ordered be Bellicheck, Kuechly too

Refs have to crack down on that since Goodell was upset the Wall Street Journal had a major article on pass interference ruining the game

The rest of your stuff is the same old tired excuses

Atlanta needs to prove it on the field, perhaps then fans will not complain about their rival

Loomis and Payton and light years beond TD and Smitty

Players want to stay here

Sometimes tough cuts for cap space

Count how many players from 2009 super bowl are still on our team, yet it's character persists and gets better

Graham is healthy and Sean has studied last years short comings in depth and will react

That matchup will be very interesting

I can see him dragging a defender over the goal line again sunday

Lol. Saints fan whining about the refs. U have got to be kidding. All your dbs do is hold.