> 28 Pts Are Needed

jm_falcons

to win this game. The defense is simply not going to be able to win this game for us...it will have to be the offense.

Offensively....no doubt that Ryan and the receivers can put the points on the board. But....if we cannot run the football and obtain more balance....they will adjust and getting those 28+ points may become a problem.

I know a lot of you did not care much for Turner....but he sure was more dependable than SJax has ever been.

I feel that Freeman is going to be really good....but I never bank on assuming how good a rookie will or wont be.

I hope I am wrong....but I see the Falcons coming up a little short in this one....24-28.

Edited by jm_falcons

Just think about this, We almost won last year with all the problems we had. WE are 33 % better than last year. We have way more talent than any year in the History of the Falcons. I know. I've been here the last 40 years watching them and rooting for the team. I started when I was 15 being a fan.We must have a good D# And O# game. And we have improved at least 33% bettter on both sides of the ball. Add that to home field advantage, and that we didn't lose by much last year with all the weakness and players out. This is the best team of players the Falcons has ever had after the FAcy pick up.. Best ever. and one of the best Drafts ever. Getting a first rounder in the 2nd. Shembo is going to Rock the falcon world also. And to have all the O# weapons and the big D now. I feel very confident we win. My guess as I have posted already is we win by 13. Throw this guess out there... .33-20

Just think about this, We almost won last year with all the problems we had. WE are 33 % better than last year. We have way more talent than any year in the History of the Falcons. I know. I've been here the last 40 years watching them and rooting for the team. I started when I was 15 being a fan.We must have a good D# And O# game. And we have improved at least 33% bettter on both sides of the ball. Add that to home field advantage, and that we didn't lose by much last year with all the weakness and players out. This is the best team of players the Falcons has ever had after the FAcy pick up.. Best ever. and one of the best Drafts ever. Getting a first rounder in the 2nd. Shembo is going to Rock the falcon world also. And to have all the O# weapons and the big D now. I feel very confident we win. My guess as I have posted already is we win by 13. Throw this guess out there... .33-20

The Saints got better also. This is actually the most talented Saints roster in the history of the franchise.

Atlanta was more talented in 2012. How can losing Gonzalez, Weatherspoon and Baker in the same offseason make you better?

This game could get out of hand.

Saints 34

Falcons 20

I think people loved Turner, only when he started to slow down, it became a game of oneupsmanship as to who could make the funnier fat joke about him. He was one of the best running backs in the league for the time he was here. And even in his last year, he saved that playoff game for us. We would have not won that game had Michael Turner been here. It's insane how quickly someone can turn on a player, even though he gave Atlanta his blood, sweat, and tears. He's still one of my favorite Falcons of all time, and always will be.

The Saints got better also. This is actually the most talented Saints roster in the history of the franchise.

Atlanta was more talented in 2012. How can losing Gonzalez, Weatherspoon and Baker in the same offseason make you better?

Saints 34

Falcons 20

Eh...

Saints 34

Falcons 20

Spoon and Baker were the two most overrated players on the team, ask anybody on here. But you are very right about Gonzalez, he was the best to ever play the game , you can't replace that. But this team we have right now is at least 33% better than any team we have ever had. I can never remember having 4 RBs that can start. Never .. only had two a couple of times and not for long at that. But we have 4 stating caliber RBs. Our D# is also the best it's ever been , even better than when we had the Gritz Blitz ... You will see... I'm a very realistic person and very excited to watch them play. If Ryan can stay healthy , We will go a long way. But he is the only must. Depth is awesome this year. Maybe not in OL, but in every other place.

Spoon and Baker were the two most overrated players on the team, ask anybody on here. But you are very right about Gonzalez, he was the best to ever play the game , you can't replace that. But this team we have right now is at least 33% better than any team we have ever had. I can never remember having 4 RBs that can start. Never .. only had two a couple of times and not for long at that. But we have 4 stating caliber RBs. Our D# is also the best it's ever been , even better than when we had the Gritz Blitz ... You will see... I'm a very realistic person and very excited to watch them play. If Ryan can stay healthy , We will go a long way. But he is the only must. Depth is awesome this year. Maybe not in OL, but in every other place.

What "impact" players did you add?? I don't see one...

Matthews will be great but rookie linemen always take their lumps.

What "impact" players did you add?? I don't see one...

Matthews will be great but rookie linemen always take their lumps.

First of all let me say that weather spoon and baker hasn't been anything more than solid for the years they've been here. Nothing spectacular came out of them, our replacements for them are at least solid themselves with better potential.

our starting defensive line of last year is now our depth. We have the deepest D-line we've had in 10 years. Tyson Jackson, Paul Soliai and Hageman are pretty underrated pickups which you will see in 2 days.

CB depth is amazing with our second year CBs, josh wilson (starting CB last year), Javier arenas, McClain (solid Nickle for years)

The starting offensive line has improved with experience and new players even with Baker leaving. It might take time for them to gel, but I think they can potentially be better than any oline we've had since smitty's been here. Jon Asamoah is extremely underrated as our RG. Blalock at LG is the only one I'm most concerned of right now.

Next Gonzalez can't be replaced, but Devin Hester in the slot (2 TDs in the preseason in limited playtime) Toilolo and some awesome depth at RB will pick up the slack.

Meanwhile you guys have lost some savvy vets are starters like Jenkins, Moore, sproles, De La Puente, Charles Brown, Greer (who always rose up to occasion vs us) etc.

The Saints fan who underestimates Hageman's talent from an offseason addition standpoint will be getting a serving of reality tomorrow.

In my estimation, Hageman is a game changer whether they have to double and triple team him and allow the other 10 guys to make plays, or, whether they leave one guy on him and watch him consistently collapse the pocket and disrupt Brees.

The Saints fan who underestimates Hageman's talent from an offseason addition standpoint will be getting a serving of reality tomorrow.

In my estimation, Hageman is a game changer whether they have to double and triple team him and allow the other 10 guys to make plays, or, whether they leave one guy on him and watch him consistently collapse the pocket and disrupt Brees.

Exactly! But I'm not sure the light has come on just yet. But when it dose. Look out. He's like a man playing with kids. I'm hoping tomorrow the light comes on. He can be a huge game changer and I think he will in time. I just hope the light comes on tomorrow.

Saints 34

Falcons 20

By gaining Hester, J. Matthews, Worrilow, Soliai, T. Jackson, Shembo, Hageman, Freeman, and more touches for A. Smith. Overlook us if you want now. It will come pecking you in the butt tomorrow.

Bruh, you're not adjusting your prediction to account for the slobber-knocking, snot-flying, full-speed, decleater shot Brees is going to take from Mass, Osi and Hageman on the first Stank pass play of the game, which knocks 45 points off his IQ and puts him out for the rest of the season. Falcons 33-6.