Nike Jersey Question

ChiefGSU275

I know there are a good bit of you that own Nike jerseys. I am looking at buying a Julio Jones jersey for this year, and have not purchased any of the Nike jerseys since they took over ( i have a Reebok Ryan, Turner, Roddy, and also a Champion Eric Metcalf from back in the day).

My question is this - is the quality from the Nike Game, Limited, and Authentic jersey that different as reflected in the price?

Also, how do the jerseys fit? Are the sleeves super long and baggy?

I appreciate any feedback. Cant wait for this season to start already!!

The Nike NFL Game Jersey

The Nike NFL game jersey is considered the official jersey for the NFL. However, it is the least expensive of all the jersey models available and can fit almost every budget. There are slight style differences between this jersey and the limited and elite versions, but it is still very stylish. Other features of the game jersey include an official NFL shield on the collar (centered), the Nike logo printed on both sleeves towards the seam, screen printed numbers made of silicon that offer a soft and light feel, and tailored fit; this one is designed for ease of movement.

Another great feature is the no-tag neck label. The label information is printed directly onto the jersey, so there are no annoying tag scratches. This has become a normal feature in most jerseys, as cutting out the label severely decreases its value and the ability to sell it.

The Nike NFL Limited Jersey

The Nike NFL limited jersey is also an official jersey for the NFL. It is considered to fall in the mid-range price category as it offers more features than the less expensive game jersey. The limited jersey includes an official NFL shield on the collar, Nike logo printed on both sleeves, and a tailored fit that is designed for movement, that the game jersey provides as well. The limited jersey also has a no-tag label for comfort and is a great choice for watching the game.

Limited Jersey

• Fly wire strength around the neck. This prevents the neck stretching and becoming overly stretched over time.
  • Twill number instead of silicon. This is highly flexible and is meant to move with the jersey to prevent puckering or cracking.
  • Ventilation holes over major heat zones. These have been strategically placed, including under the arms.

The Nike NFL Elite Jersey

The Nike NFL elite jersey is perfectly matched to the NFL elite 51 uniforms that most pro teams wear for games. It is the version that is closest to the pro uniforms worn by players, and has the same features as limited jerseys. However, it also has flexible twill numbers, water repelling fabric, and zoned stretched fabric. The zoned stretch fabric is designed for a precise fit, though it still moves with your body. The water repelling fabric is meant to wick away moisture from the body, leaving it feeling lightweight all day and leaving you moisture free.

It is important to note that some of the NFL teams chose not to use the fly wire collar of the elite 51 and some teams decided not to use the elite transformation, keeping their original design.

Those teams that chose not to use the fly wire collars include the Dallas Cowboys, Texans, Patriots, and Pittsburg Steelers. The teams that chose to keep their original jersey designs include the Packers, Raiders, Atlanta Falcons , Eagles, and Panthers.

As these jerseys are extremely similar to the actual uniforms worn during play, these are the most expensive jerseys, though they do have more features and look exactly like the uniforms of the players. If you are a die-hard fan, you may want to show how loyal you are by purchasing this jersey.

I bought my sons the Limited jerseys (one is Ryan fan and the other a Brady fan). They seemed much nicer than the Game and only a few dollars more. We only put them in the washer in the "hand wash" cycle and line dry them. They look brand new. There isn't as much variety in the Limited version. Fewer colors and players available. Maybe that has changed since I got them a couple of years ago (XMas 2012).

I later bought a Roddy jersey for myself in the Reebok clearance (Falcons online store) and don't like the material nearly as much but it was significantly lower in price and I'm not complaining (just observing).

The Nike NFL Game Jersey

The Nike NFL game jersey is considered the official jersey for the NFL. However, it is the least expensive of all the jersey models available and can fit almost every budget. There are slight style differences between this jersey and the limited and elite versions, but it is still very stylish. Other features of the game jersey include an official NFL shield on the collar (centered), the Nike logo printed on both sleeves towards the seam, screen printed numbers made of silicon that offer a soft and light feel, and tailored fit; this one is designed for ease of movement.

Another great feature is the no-tag neck label. The label information is printed directly onto the jersey, so there are no annoying tag scratches. This has become a normal feature in most jerseys, as cutting out the label severely decreases its value and the ability to sell it.

The Nike NFL Limited Jersey

The Nike NFL limited jersey is also an official jersey for the NFL. It is considered to fall in the mid-range price category as it offers more features than the less expensive game jersey. The limited jersey includes an official NFL shield on the collar, Nike logo printed on both sleeves, and a tailored fit that is designed for movement, that the game jersey provides as well. The limited jersey also has a no-tag label for comfort and is a great choice for watching the game.

Limited Jersey

• Fly wire strength around the neck. This prevents the neck stretching and becoming overly stretched over time.
  • Twill number instead of silicon. This is highly flexible and is meant to move with the jersey to prevent puckering or cracking.
  • Ventilation holes over major heat zones. These have been strategically placed, including under the arms.

The Nike NFL Elite Jersey

The Nike NFL elite jersey is perfectly matched to the NFL elite 51 uniforms that most pro teams wear for games. It is the version that is closest to the pro uniforms worn by players, and has the same features as limited jerseys. However, it also has flexible twill numbers, water repelling fabric, and zoned stretched fabric. The zoned stretch fabric is designed for a precise fit, though it still moves with your body. The water repelling fabric is meant to wick away moisture from the body, leaving it feeling lightweight all day and leaving you moisture free.

It is important to note that some of the NFL teams chose not to use the fly wire collar of the elite 51 and some teams decided not to use the elite transformation, keeping their original design.

Those teams that chose not to use the fly wire collars include the Dallas Cowboys, Texans, Patriots, and Pittsburg Steelers. The teams that chose to keep their original jersey designs include the Packers, Raiders, Atlanta Falcons , Eagles, and Panthers.

As these jerseys are extremely similar to the actual uniforms worn during play, these are the most expensive jerseys, though they do have more features and look exactly like the uniforms of the players. If you are a die-hard fan, you may want to show how loyal you are by purchasing this jersey.

Excellent post, thanks. I've always wondered myself and that was very informative.

Numbers are stitched bit the logo on the sleeves is printed.

Yeah, I got the Retro Authentic Julo and the logo was screen printed. Pissed me off. A $350 jersey should be all stitched.

My buddy got a limited for free at work and his was all stitched. That was like rubbing salt in a wound.

Yeah, I got the Retro Authentic Julo and the logo was screen printed. Pissed me off. A $350 jersey should be all stitched.

My buddy got a limited for free at work and his was all stitched. That was like rubbing salt in a wound.

Okay yeah that is just weird. I'd send Nike a nasty letter everyday asking them why the cheaper is nicer than the more expensive. That makes no sense.

Okay yeah that is just weird. I'd send Nike a nasty letter everyday asking them why the cheaper is nicer than the more expensive. That makes no sense.

Nike is the worst. I always have bad luck with their crap. I really try avoid buying their stuff. They set the standard for the sporting good industry, and it's not a good thing.

Nike is the worst. I always have bad luck with their crap. I really try avoid buying their stuff. They set the standard for the sporting good industry, and it's not a good thing.

All that cheap stingy corporate business dealings they do. Paying 5yr olds in China to make the jerseys.

I have a nike limited and elite jersey. The elite is definitely made better overall, but not worth the price difference. I only bought the elite because I used a 50% off promo code (thanks reddit). The one thing that I didn't like about the limited jersey is that the logo on the sleeve is substantially larger than on the elite, which is basically what the players wear. Other than that no problem at all with the limited. Limited is definitely the best bang for your buck if you're paying full price

• 2 months later...

Wait until the season is over the Falcons official store usually has a sale- last year I got a custom authentic throwback jersey made for 50% off. I bought an authentic Norwood jersey for 50 bucks from the official store as well. Yeah, Norwood was long gone but he was a good guy and I don't mind wearing his jersey in the least and 50 dollars was too good to pass up.

Buy the limited.

I got a $300 NFLshop gift certificate with some credit card rewards and bought the "Elite" Julio Retro Jersey, and the Falcon Logo is screen printed.

My buddy got a limited Ryan jersey and its 100% sewn on, and the material quality difference isn't noticeable.

Lesson learned. One of he myriad of reasons I despise Nike.