Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romfal

Official Opening Game Of The Season Thread - Packers @ Seahawks

300 posts in this topic

Wilson and Ryan had the same number of sacks last year.

Big difference in playing styles between the two makes that misleading. Wilson is a dwarf, but he is like Roethleberger in that he will hold the ball forever and run himself all over and eventually get sacked. Matt is a non-mobile guy.

Wilson has earned 18 points on my bench sad.png

Hopefully Matty Ice can best him on Sunday.

18 pts for me and 18 pts against me...same for Marshaun Lynch, 26 pts...the "joy" of having 3 FF teams :)

Wilson would not had lasted half the season if he were our QB last year.

NOWAY!!! LOL!!! Heck no. His team is built to allow him to manage an offense with one really good WR, a TE, 2 awesome RB's and a defense to get him the ball back quickly. Ours is built for the QB to get tons of yards.

Wilson would not had lasted half the season if he were our QB last year.

Hawks o-line was worse in pass blocking than our O-line last year, but whatever keeps you warm at night. I honestly don't get the hate.

Knight of God likes this

Hawks o-line was worse in pass blocking than our O-line last year, but whatever keeps you warm at night. I honestly don't get the hate.

Doesn't bother me what you don't get. Btw, when did I ever say I hated Wilson? I honestly don't get your ignorance.

I don't even try anymore. Their team is listed as an example of a smashmouth offense. You run it down their throats and playaction to scare the defense into making mistakes. Anyone who buys the passing league crap is playing into getting stuffed by teams set up in similar fashion.

Doesn't bother me what you don't get. Btw, when did I ever say I hated Wilson? I honestly don't get your ignorance.

lol
Romfal likes this

NOWAY!!! LOL!!! Heck no. His team is built to allow him to manage an offense with one really good WR, a TE, 2 awesome RB's and a defense to get him the ball back quickly. Ours is built for the QB to get tons of yards.

His team was built around a very good defense, a defense Ryan toyed with. But your statement is correct for Wilson. His legs will begin to wear on him like Vicks did. If not for their defense Seattle would not had been in the Super Bowl.

Is it me or do you feel a different energy when Seattle's D takes the feild?

Their edge passrush is pretty much opposite of ours. We don't have one; their's is relentless.

I hate him. And Pete Carroll. Of course, I hate Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy, too.

Is it me or do you feel a different energy when Seattle's D takes the feild?

Their edge passrush is pretty much opposite of ours. We don't have one; their's is relentless.

byproduct of playing with a lead, at least in the second half. They definitely have some good players.

His team was built around a very good defense, a defense Ryan toyed with. But your statement is correct for Wilson. His legs will begin to wear on him like Vicks did. If not for their defense Seattle would not had been in the Super Bowl.

If not for most team's defenses. Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, etc. The only teams in the last ten that didn't rely on defense as much was GB and the Colts.

Defense wins is NOT a cliche.

If not for most team's defenses. Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, etc. The only teams in the last ten that didn't rely on defense as much was GB and the Colts.

Defense wins is NOT a cliche.

Lots of teams with good defenses get knocked out of the playoffs by better offenses.

Lots of teams with good defenses get knocked out of the playoffs by better offenses.

32 teams in the league. The winner has normally been one with a good defense. Not many teams who are considered high octane forward pass teams and not many who don't have a good defense.

Seattle looked good. Hard to believe we beat them in the playoffs in '12 but we did. I think we can do it again. Rise Up!

We had a good pass protecting line in 2012. We can be better this year if Jake can avoid rookie struggles which is tough at LT and Holmes can have a huge turnaround.. Between those 2 I think we'll struggle some up front this year.

But next year when Jake is in his 2nd year and he'll beast from there on out.. If Holmes can hold down RT everything changes. If not we need both a new LG and RT next season which throws us into a whole assortment of problems again

It was below average, in my opinion anyway. It was so much worse in 2013 it's easy to think it was great but it really shouldn't be difficult to do better. Clabo was horrendous that year, Holmes can't really be worse than he was. Asamoah is much better than Konz. Blalock is blalock. Mud Duck was good but on the tail end of his career... Baker was the shining star really.

All in all it was alright, but the right side was a problem. I wouldn't want to go back there again anyway.

32 teams in the league. The winner has normally been one with a good defense. Not many teams who are considered high octane forward pass teams and not many who don't have a good defense.

My point is that there is no right answer. A great defense, even the best defense, doesn't guarantee the championship. When I hear people say, "defense wins championships," I have to point out, so what? First, that's only true sometimes. Second, a more accurate statement is ONE defense wins the championship. All the other great defenses every year don't. It doesn't mean anything if you think about it. It's like saying, "teams that out score the league average win championships." Oh, okay.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I couldn't stay awake to watch the whole game, made it halfway through the second quarter, how were the refs and the flags? they seemed pretty straight up for what I saw

My point is that there is no right answer. A great defense, even the best defense, doesn't guarantee the championship. When I hear people say, "defense wins championships," I have to point out, so what? First, that's only true sometimes. Second, a more accurate statement is ONE defense wins the championship. All the other great defenses every year don't. It doesn't mean anything if you think about it. It's like saying, "teams that out score the league average win championships." Oh, okay.

Good post.